• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Just noticed some siding pulled loose from the storm over the weekend. I was out of town. Very grateful for the auto-retracting awning. That thing would have flown off like a sail. (I generally leave it up because it keeps the house a little cooler, too.)

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Copper has made it public that parking will now be handled by a 3rd party company. Should be interesting to see how things work out with other plans happening.

Does that mean they'll start charging? That would make me sad.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

They already charge at most of their lots, so it wouldn't surprise me if the current free lots became pay lots too.

The free lots could use some improvement too... The only time I've driven through them, they were nearly impassable (mud and ruts) - but it was a wet spring. And having some free parking available would be good for the resort, I'd think, given local competition.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Last edited:

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Nope, at least not this season. I doubt there will ever be a charge for Far East. Might see an increase in price during certain times of the year at the charge lots. 2 new charge lots being added to help offset loss from the soon to start construction in a very popular lot. Once construction gets around to the Alpine side who knows what will happen.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
They already charge at most of their lots, so it wouldn't surprise me if the current free lots became pay lots too.

The free lots could use some improvement too... The only time I've driven through them, they were nearly impassable (mud and ruts) - but it was a wet spring. And having some free parking available would be good for the resort, I'd think, given local competition.

Ask and you shall receive ... they just got paved (at least the Far East one did). They are building new lots on either side of Woodward/Rec Center, too. I'm sure those will be pay lots.

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
Will the Aspens on the mountains still have their leaves in mid-October? We're coming back Oct 10-13 and was hoping they were still worth seeing then.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Will the Aspens on the mountains still have their leaves in mid-October? We're coming back Oct 10-13 and was hoping they were still worth seeing then.

Lower down maybe. Hope for lack of wind/rain. Most things are turning now, so it will be well past peak.

clong83

Stauffenberg!
Skier
Probably not, except maybe at some lower elevations. It will be past the peak even down south here in New Mexico, although you'd probably have better luck here. If you are driving from TX, stop by Santa Fe and drive up the ski hill road and pull out at Aspen Vista. If that stuff is all gone, then you can pretty much forget it in Colorado.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Late to the party, but I don't think so =/ Aspen season is pretty fast. Colorado doesn't really have seasons - it has Summer, Winter, and a few days of confusion between each.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Late to the party, but I don't think so =/ Aspen season is pretty fast. Colorado doesn't really have seasons - it has Summer, Winter, and a few days of confusion between each.

Spring was pretty long this year it seems, Winter was way short :( and so far Summer feels never ending. 95º in September!?? Even at 10,000 feet temps were in the 80's this past weekend. :eek::(

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

Not likely in Summit County. We are nearing 100% fall color. There are some sections that are showing serious leaf drop, too.

20180916_174216.jpg

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Not a chance.

Foliage in Denver will most likely be peaking though!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
But October should bring some early season snow in the mountains - just a touch - that certainly gives me stoke!

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC
I realize last season was not normal. I'm thinking of planning a solo trip out there in early December to get a jump start on my giant boot fitting experiment before our family trip. How are conditions at Loveland around the 1st or 2nd week in December? Just looking for decent coverage on a couple of groomers where I can test out my boot/ski setup in between visits to the fitter. Thanks!

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
I realize last season was not normal. I'm thinking of planning a solo trip out there in early December to get a jump start on my giant boot fitting experiment before our family trip. How are conditions at Loveland around the 1st or 2nd week in December? Just looking for decent coverage on a couple of groomers where I can test out my boot/ski setup in between visits to the fitter. Thanks!
Too hard to tell this far out. Under normal conditions, I'd say 2nd week of December should be good for just getting some turns on a few blue groomers.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
How are conditions at Loveland around the 1st or 2nd week in December? Just looking for decent coverage on a couple of groomers where I can test out my boot/ski setup in between visits to the fitter. T

Conditions can range tremendously. But by then they'll usually have at least Lift 1, 2, and Ptarmigin open. Mambo and Richards will both be open and the best way to rack up vert on a consistent slope. Fire Bowl / Fire Cut / Drifter are likely but unknowns. If we get good natural snow, Nix Nox and some of the steeps under 1 or Lift 6 may open that early as well. If you have rock skis, pack those too. Rope drops off 1 can lead to very fun turns before it all gets bumped out.

Most of the racers have left by then too so it's relatively quiet and a good time to be at luv.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

Usually A-Basin and Loveland will have been open for at least a month by December 1st. Breck will be recently opened as will Keystone. If you are getting boot work done in Summit County, Breck and Keystone during midweek will be your best bets as their slopes are typically wider and more intermediate than Loveland or the Basin. That will let you focus on your boots instead of avoiding collisions and forcing turns just to stay on the trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online