• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC
Thank you Mother, may I have another?

Well, here's a little Freaqy preseason update as my '19 plans have just come together a good bit. Being a long time RMSP+ holder I hemmed and hawed for awhile before plopping down for the (not quite full blown) Ikon. That left housing as the big question mark and as the Winter Park failures piled up, I formed a plan B

Plan A was find an affordable rental in WP for Jan-March and do my best to beat last season's day count. Plan B was to chase powder at Ikon properties. I would definitely like to experience the PNW and inland BC before I settle down but the downside is that my budget remains the same and it would be a struggle to get in half the days that plan A would afford.

Yesterday I reserved my 'fat season' room in WP, wooohooooo! My hopes and dreams are as follows:
  • Serve as your (sometimes) humble MJ correspondent
  • Buy a new pair of skinny skis and never use them
  • Hit every MJ bump run in one day
  • Get seven Cirque laps in one day
  • Hit Eagle Wind on rope drop day and take another grinning profile pic =D
  • Ski with a bunch of y'all
Yeah man, if ya make it to the Jane please know that I'd love to meet and ride with you. I'm willing to show you some stuff or learn some stuff from you, willing to slow it down a bit or give it the beans so I can keep up. Gimme a PM, eh?

So tonight I will spark one to salute the mountains, skiing, Colorado, the Fraser Valley, the C lot and y'all. I'va feeling it's gonna be deep this year! Wooooohoooooo!

ctrp-0812-pl-midwest-supermodified-association-terry-gibson.jpg

Sweet Freaq! Bummed I didn't get to ski with you last season and bummed I didn't go with an IKON this season but I just wasn't sure how my ankle surgery would pan out. The ankle is exceeding my expectations so if all goes as planned, 2019/2020 will be IKON for sure. I'll be at LUV this season but let me know if you make it over there.

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Yesterday I hiked up Mt Evans via Mt Spaulding and the West Ridge and saw a tiny bit of a dusting on the north face of Mt Evans.

The hike is pretty tough and there is quite a bit of rock scrambling involved at high altitude but there was no snow on the route.

View attachment 54015

The amount of last season's snow on the ridgelines is disconcerting to me. Usually I can look out my office window at the Ten Mile Range and see remnants of cornices. Right now the only snow I can see is a tiny patch on the north side of Peak 9.

Bring on the snow and bring a lot, ye snow gods!

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@nay, not sure what the attachment is? I get an error "not found".

Is it a shot of the forecast of temps just under 30 degrees with the possibility of snow for Luv and the Basin this week or is it a shot of the Black Hawk working at Copper? Copper's night time temps are also going to be low but no snow in the forecast.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
@nay, not sure what the attachment is? I get an error "not found".

Is it a shot of the forecast of temps just under 30 degrees with the possibility of snow for Luv and the Basin this week or is it a shot of the Black Hawk working at Copper? Copper's night time temps are also going to be low but no snow in the forecast.

:huh:

How about this?

894BAEC4-8D95-4354-BDA3-FC77F8152FFB.jpeg B3C6646E-FDF3-4E99-98FF-72A6EABD9858.jpeg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
These snowless pictures are beautiful, but seem antithetical to the current mood! Bring on the snow!

I am just after “bring on the snow making temps” That’s all that matters for Oct ogsmile.

Not looking good for the next week, unless you like a ton of sun and warm temps. This is for Bakerville.

5B7C0DBE-0507-4829-9A1E-EBC4638B9E54.png

Supposed to be mid-20’s tonight. I guess we’ll see if A-Basin thinks it’s worth it in late Sep with a week of warm to follow.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
68* high in Longmont today. I'll take it!

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Pattern-wise, this is a good sign given some moisture on the way now as well.

B87ACB63-1ADB-4A11-B7AF-9F1CB298A23F.png

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I sometimes get crazy cold when going to bed ... yesterday I turned on the electric blanket :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor