• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
@Rod9301 all the sno-kone stuff is buried, there were rain runnels all over the mountain that are now gone, just the usual windscrape spots. Today it changed to spring-like conditions by 1:00 when I left. I made these tracks off the shoulder of Viva around 12:30 today, just as it started to go isothermic. IMG_20180420_123516713_HDR.jpg

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Spring Perfection yesterday
Staying through Wednesday or Thursday
R & T

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Perfection may actually be unattainable? Nirvana perhaps? IMG_20180420_105448775.jpg

Last edited:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Down to Mammoth for a quick few days of Spring goodness.
Day one did not disappoint...

Just the right amount of freeze to begin the day
317D6C7F-DAD5-41B1-A1B6-4756B7DA70A9.jpeg

Drop Outs held nice snow well into the afternoon with very little traffic
C0BFEEC1-7DC0-456E-AEBA-734030124098.jpeg

Seemed like Dave was the only one in the village
1332E8B8-7C04-42B1-8B32-9A1F3EF15A8D.jpeg

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
7:30 am opening now, a week earlier than I expected.
Hope it warms up then. Last week even with the warm afternoons things were still pretty frozen till around 10 o'clock.
What time is last lift now?

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Hope it warms up then. Last week even with the warm afternoons things were still pretty frozen till around 10 o'clock.
What time is last lift now?
Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 10.11.10 AM.png

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
27th and 28th for the PSIA-W Convention at Mammoth was pretty fun, spent a day on the snow with Ron "... or, we could just go get a couple of 12-packs ..." Kipp (kidding, of course), with a Kiwi instructor that should have known better than to ask, somebody, not sure who, "Are you a Monty Python fan?" to which I replied "This here's the wattle it's the emblem of our land, you can stick it in a bottle, you can hold it in your hand! The rest of the day was hilarity, including an afternoon clinic with a self-described "Seenager" (look it up, plenty of links). Super hard exiting the ramp skiers left from the top of 1 for the first few runs, thought I was in New England or something! By 10 it was starting to get nice, so I skied pretty much until just about closing time. If it weren't for that drive from San Diego...

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
I was finally able to meet up with @Rainbow Jenny today after taking a few runs together a couple of years ago. She introduced me to all three Grumps and @Near Nyquist, over shredding the race courses in the afternoon. Hopefully we can link up for some turns tomorrow before I hit the road. Jenny followed me down Dos Bozos without hesitation. IMG_20180503_120501177_HDR.jpg

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was finally able to meet up with @Rainbow Jenny today after taking a few runs together a couple of years ago. She introduced me to all three Grumps and @Near Nyquist, over shredding the race courses in the afternoon. Hopefully we can link up for some turns tomorrow before I hit the road. Jenny followed me down Dos Bozos without hesitation. View attachment 45314

Hesitation was my middle name up there yesterday, just couldn’t straightline it the way Mothertucker did...:doh:

So I think it was only a single bozo...

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
It was not easy, those sunny rocks are rotting out now, giving you less choice of where you can turn. I thought she would traverse out right so I stopped to watch her come out, but she was right there, had to fire off a quick pic.

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Damn it's good right now ...............
Women's team has been up training DH in the mornings...fun to watch em rip ...
Rippin' & tearin' planed for tomorrow .......

davjr96

Getting off the lift
Skier
Does anyone know if the ikon pass for next year qualifies for the "passholder rate" on Mammoth Lodging over the summer? Right now it just says mountain collective and Cali4nia but I didn't know if that was expected to change. Thanks!

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Driving down today for three days of groomer cruising' - I'll be the free-heeling gomer decked out in finest base layer. You can point and laugh, as long as you do it from a distance:Teleb:

..... or smile and wave, it's not contagiousogwink

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
3 days 0f bliss! Slowly learning how to milk the mountain for the daily Spring snow evolution/softening. Have to say, the views from up top put Tahoe to shame .....'cept for that little lake thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online