• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

murphysf

Ski Well, Be Well.
Skier
Hello

Wanted to see if anyone knows when Boreal typically opens?

Tony

tseeb
Skier
The short answer is when they can. I think they would open in late October if they get snow or good weather for snowmaking. But according to https://www.snowpak.com/california/boreal-mountain-resort/opening-dates they have opened around the end of the first week in Nov. three of the last 4 years with the exception being about a week later. I skied there on natural snow for free by being in costume on Halloween quite a few years ago.

murphysf

Ski Well, Be Well.
Skier
I just saw on the "On the Snow" website it lists 11/7/2018 as the projected opening day for Boreal.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Very sad. As a private pilot who occasionally flies into Truckee, this is scary. Truckee airport is wonderful but the altitude and mountain weather make things a bit more critical there. Especially compared to the easy conditions in low lying California.

Best wishes to the families and the survivor.

Eric

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Very sad. As a private pilot who occasionally flies into Truckee, this is scary. Truckee airport is wonderful but the altitude and mountain weather make things a bit more critical there. Especially compared to the easy conditions in low lying California.

Best wishes to the families and the survivor.

Eric

I've never flowin in or out of truckee but I play a lot of golf at N* and ponderosa. The winds rip through that valley

As I was just headed home from Truckee they stopped traffic on 267 and lifted it back to the airport via heli. Pretty eerie watching it in live time

RIP

image.jpeg

murphysf

Ski Well, Be Well.
Skier
Anyone know what the locker situation is at Boreal?

In particular, if I am going there for 3-4 days are there overnight use of the lockers?

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Under their FAQ for rentals:
DO YOU STORE OVERNIGHT RENTALS?
No, we do not store overnight. If you have a two-day or three-day rental, you will take the equipment home with you.

If they don't even store their own rentals, they aren't going to store your gear.

Last edited:

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Strange couple days here in the North Lake.. A few hundred yards away from getting struck during a lightning storm Monday, massive hail storm on Tuesday, then last night right before bed an earthquake. The heart of it was really close to my house. Pretty good jolt!!
image.jpeg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We are getting ready to close out this thread in a couple of weeks. We had a great year here in Tahoe, @Tricia and I got in a ton of days. Personally, I got 50 at Mt. Rose, 17 at Squaw/Alpine and another few at Sugar Bowl and Northstar. How did everyone else's season end up?

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I ended with 53 days, most at Squaw or Alpine. Did one at Rose and 8 at Northstar. One at Kirkwood. Fun season! I don't have two passes for the coming season, but I have an Ikon pass and am hoping to finally ski at Mammoth too. Would love to ski at Rose some more too.

natrat

Booting up
Skier
I went to sugar bowl maybe 20 days because i had a midweek pass, n* for a killer storm day and mt rose for 2 days. This year i think n*/kwood/ heavenly pass partly because hotels in truckee are 200 bucks

Last edited:

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
I went to sugar bowl maybe 20 days because i had a midweek pass, n* for a killer storm day and mt rose for 2 days. This year i think n*/kwood/ heavenly pass partly because hotels in truckee are 200 bucks

Keep it coming! Hopefully this year we'll have your reports from the mountain when the season starts :) BTW, I have a SB pass myself for this season, and also Mt Rose - yay!

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
My first day of the 17/18 season was at Mount Rose.
B86783C1-4F33-4DE5-A618-81E3D3F667F1.jpeg

288EBC61-F13F-495D-872D-7B42005E8A7C.jpeg

I had a Squalpine Bronze pass (2017/18) which I used this Spring & last Spring & Fall. With around 40 days I figure I got my moneys worth. Also had a few days between Kwood & Sierra.
I bought an ikon pass last spring which I was able to use one day at Squaw which would’ve been blacked out on my bronze pass, +4 days at Mammoth so far.

First run freshies at Squaw on November 17th opening day
C89C8854-83E2-4998-9841-8E8A9627DF61.jpeg

A rare pre-Thanksgiving backcountry day
6F2AE920-34C2-4A28-ADC0-C4171FB81E43.jpeg
Looking for an early season start In the Sierra :snow:.

Lex P

Booting up
Skier
An abbreviated season for me due to breaking my tibia February 27 at Sugarbowl.I hit a stump off piste while snow was still low tide. That ended the season, but I still broke even on my Sugarbowl and Squaw passes. I plan on making it up to my usual 45 days, a just got a pair of Nordica Enforcer 100s. Told my wife I needed an easier turning ski than my Mantras Hope to meet some other skiers this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online