• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah 2016 Utah Gathering

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Some of is have been discussing getting together to ski a resort in UT. We could simply assemble us locals for a single day or grow this into an event with greater participation and/or length.

So which of you are interested in joining in? Please indicate dates, whether you' want to do it for several days and how flexible you might be. If you've already planned a trip to UT please indicate dates and where you'll be staying. The pattern here has been good and nice bases have been established. The skiing has been truly excellent. With some luck and maybe flexibility this could be truly memorable.

I'm just throwing this out there with only minor groupthink so I welcome suggestions as to how to proceed. Depending upon scale some of us might be able to offer beds.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am interested in a pugski utah day. It's great to ski with other local skiers at their home ski area.

Actually sometimes it's easier to have a good gathering if it's not during a feeding frenzy / deep day.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Count me and the hubby in. I won't ski with the wild gang, but I'll be around putzing on the easier stuff. He's also fairly flexible (and willing to take a personal day off for powder) unless he has a major project at work. It helps that his boss is also a skier who has been known to get the powder flu. I think he'd love to get something going in the next two weeks, especially if the forecast for next week holds together...

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So what resort(s) were you thinking @Lorenzzo ?
I'm open to any of them. It might depend partly on who is coming and when. If it's just us local people and we can do it last minute then it would be nice to ski LCC, Snow basin or powder mountain after a storm. If on the other hand we need to plan it in advance and have less advanced skiers then perhaps Park city makes sense. So maybe we wait and see who raises their hand, what their needs are and then focus on some of the details.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Air fares from Denver are dirt cheap, and there are lots of Pugski Epic Pass holders here.
And even a road trip could be fun!
Why not late Feb/ early March, so that it doesn't follow too close upon Aspen?
I'd be interested.

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Haven't booked my travels yet but thinking about early March. Be fun to ski a few runs with Lorenzzo and AmyPJ again. Am MCP holder; always stay in SLC with friends but have had bedroom offer near Kimball Junction for a few years now. If someone has Epic buddy passes to spare, PC would be great fun for me!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I've got a trip planned to Sun Valley early March (4,5,6) but am game most other dates and will spring for a lift ticket IF they offer military discounts.

In the meantime, I think a local group hitting up an Ogden area resort would be sweet!

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How about Feb 27-Mar 1? Jenny can you make that? It would give us time for planning, includes a weekend, avoids holidays and would be before Amy leaves.

Additionally we can try a local's day based on the snow. How about Snowbasin or Snowbird later this week?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
How about Feb 27-Mar 1? Jenny can you make that? It would give us time for planning, includes a weekend, avoids holidays and would be before Amy leaves.

Additionally we can try a local's day based on the snow. How about Snowbasin or Snowbird later this week?
Works for me! Should we wait for what's coming later next week to meet up locally??

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Let's see what works for the local crew. I'm flexible this week. @BobMc , @4ster , @tromano @AmyPJ and any others....what days this week might work and Snowbird or Snowbasin?

snofun3

Putting on skis
Skier
I'll be there with SO first week of March (5-12) for what my Danish colleagues call a "sharp-edged birthday" trip, so that would work if convenient.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Let's see what works for the local crew. I'm flexible this week. @BobMc , @4ster , @tromano @AmyPJ and any others....what days this week might work and Snowbird or Snowbasin?
I can't personally hit the Bird but Matt might be able to. I'll ask him. I'm guessing Friday. If we do Basin, I am available any day.

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There's another storm pulse coming in this evening and forecast to continue through tomorrow with 6-12" accum.

http://www.wasatchsnowforecast.com/

With snow coming in during the day arguments can be made for LCC, Canyons and Snowbasin.

Who's up for first chair tomorrow somewhere?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
There's another storm pulse coming in this evening and forecast to continue through tomorrow with 6-12" accum.

http://www.wasatchsnowforecast.com/

With snow coming in during the day arguments can be made for LCC, Canyons and Snowbasin.

Who's up for first chair tomorrow somewhere?
I'll ask Matt. Thursday would also be good. I can't at all tomorrow but that's OK because I won't ski with you yahoos anyway.

And wow was the snow nice at Snowbasin today!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
No go for tomorrow. Not sure if he can do Thursday or not. I think he's having a busy week at work.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Those dates work for me.

BobMc

In line for the tram
Skier
I'm stuck to weekend warrior status this week, I took last Friday off to ski and Monday off to spend time with friends in town. I'll more than likely be at Snowbird this weekend but I could be talked into going elsewhere if others were going.

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like it's either LCC roulette or PCMR for me tomorrow. With Sundance underway the latter should be empty

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I am interested in a pugski utah day. It's great to ski with other local skiers at their home ski area.

Actually sometimes it's easier to have a good gathering if it's not during a feeding frenzy / deep day.

I agree with Tromano on this, every man for himself first thing on a storm day ;)

I may be able to meet up on Friday or Saturday if anyone is coming up to Basin or Pow Mow.

Sponsor

Staff online