• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah 2016 Utah Gathering

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I agree with Tromano on this, every man for himself first thing on a storm day ;)

I may be able to meet up on Friday or Saturday if anyone is coming up to Basin or Pow Mow.
Matt is just too busy at work this week but I'm guessing he can do Saturday for SURE, and he might want to venture over to PowMow to avoid the crowds.

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How about Feb 27-Mar 1? Jenny can you make that? It would give us time for planning, includes a weekend, avoids holidays and would be before Amy leaves.

Additionally we can try a local's day based on the snow. How about Snowbasin or Snowbird later this week?

Am lousy advance planner most of the time, still thinking about Taos late Feb. Sorry for not committing.

Heard Alta was really good today.

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It sounds as though @tromano, @BobMc , @4ster and @Lorenzzo might be able to do Saturday at Snowbasin. Let's see if we can confirm on Friday and exchange numbers. Anyone else? @AmyPJ ?

As to the long trip, looks as though dates are forming, 2/27-3/1 or thereabouts.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It sounds as though @tromano, @BobMc , @4ster and @Lorenzzo might be able to do Saturday at Snowbasin. Let's see if we can confirm on Friday and exchange numbers. Anyone else? @AmyPJ ?

As to the long trip, looks as though dates are forming, 2/27-3/1 or thereabouts.

I'll send my better half because he'll have a blast with you guys. He has @tromano and @4ster numbers already. I might be able to pop in for a beer up there since our daughter will be at a birthday party. OR stop by our house and have a beer-you can see our neighborhood from Strawberry, that's how close we are.

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll send my better half because he'll have a blast with you guys. He has @tromano and @4ster numbers already. I might be able to pop in for a beer up there since our daughter will be at a birthday party. OR stop by our house and have a beer-you can see our neighborhood from Strawberry, that's how close we are.
Either way it would be nice to meet. Do they allow you to bring beer into Eden/Ogden? Will I have to smuggle some in from Park City?

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I am in for Saturday. Snowbasin does tend to get crowded nowadays on Saturdays especially in the car park, but all terrain should be open.
With only a couple inches new yesterday, the wind effect smoothed things to make it one of the best days of the season!

PM sent.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Either way it would be nice to meet. Do they allow you to bring beer into Eden/Ogden? Will I have to smuggle some in from Park City?

Haha smuggle away! Yes, we have beer. Although a lot of it was smuggled in by my mom from WA State :0

I am in for Saturday. Snowbasin does tend to get crowded nowadays on Saturdays especially in the car park, but all terrain should be open.
With only a couple inches new yesterday, the wind effect smoothed things to make it one of the best days of the season!

PM sent.

Matt's in. If he doesn't text you guys, just text him. He's so busy at work this week he'll forget. @tromano and @Lorenzzo, you could meet at our house and carpool up if you want. Worst case, if the driver has to bail, I can buzz up there and pick the rest of you up. We live in the last development before you turn up Trapper's Loop, so super convenient to park and ride from here. He'll definitely be ready to go by 8.

Me? I'm taking a lesson today because dammit, I want to be able to tag along one of these days.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
I really like what you guys are doing with this. Epic has the big Gathering and an east coast one. Wondering if you may be pioneering the Pugski reunion model ... planned ski-togethers in each region. That would allow people to plan their ski vacations to coincide with these.

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice getting together with @4ster, @tromano and @AmyPJ 's other Matt at Snowbasin. Conditions were fun despite increasing visibility challenges for some of us (me).

Thank you to Jim for doing an excellent job guiding and setting the pace. SB is really nice hill and worth the drive from Park City.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 18

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice getting together with @4ster, @tromano and @AmyPJ 's other Matt at Snowbasin. Conditions were fun despite increasing visibility challenges for some of us (me).

Thank you to Jim for doing an excellent job guiding and setting the pace. SB is really nice hill and worth the drive from Park City.

Great to ski with you @Lorenzzo. It was a good day for skiing and when I got home I took a nap. Lol.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Glad I was at least able to meet for beers and a bite afterward! Matt had a great time!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Look out, boys, I gots me some new skis and game is ON! I feel like I can actually SKI again! Josh at DP mounted me up a brand new pair of Volkl Kenjas last night, just so I could demo them, and I knew after 4 turns I was going to love them. So, a crud/semi-powder lesson is in order, but my confidence just shot through the ROOF on those skis. They're like an extension of my feet and legs. So, I might be up for tagging along on at least part of a day with you! Or, a hero groomer day for sure.

Hope we can all get together again soon! This weekend is sounding like it's going to be really good!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I've been in Utah since last Sunday and have been skiing Brighton on a 5 day Max Pass. Monday had lots of boot top and some knee deep turns in very light powder. Tue was a groomer day and today, Wed, is a non ski day with my dog.

Based on the weather forecast I will be back at Brighton on Thurs and Friday. But it is supposed to snow this weekend so for me it is looking like a pow day at Alta/Snowbird on Sat and Sun on my MCP, then on to Aspen on Mon or Tue.

Anyone else going to LCC on the weekend?

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Look out, boys, I gots me some new skis and game is ON! I feel like I can actually SKI again! Josh at DP mounted me up a brand new pair of Volkl Kenjas last night, just so I could demo them, and I knew after 4 turns I was going to love them. So, a crud/semi-powder lesson is in order, but my confidence just shot through the ROOF on those skis. They're like an extension of my feet and legs. So, I might be up for tagging along on at least part of a day with you! Or, a hero groomer day for sure.

Hope we can all get together again soon! This weekend is sounding like it's going to be really good!
Been hearing nothing bit good about this year's Kenja/Kendos.

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been in Utah since last Sunday and have been skiing Brighton on a 5 day Max Pass. Monday had lots of boot top and some knee deep turns in very light powder. Tue was a groomer day and today, Wed, is a non ski day with my dog.

Based on the weather forecast I will be back at Brighton on Thurs and Friday. But it is supposed to snow this weekend so for me it is looking like a pow day at Alta/Snowbird on Sat and Sun on my MCP, then on to Aspen on Mon or Tue.

Anyone else going to LCC on the weekend?
I'll most likely be at the Bird Fri-Sun. PM me if you go.

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
I've always been afraid of LCC on Saturdays doubly so on a powder Saturday.

Have you consider Solitide on a weekend pow day?

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've always been afraid of LCC on Saturdays doubly so on a powder Saturday.

Have you consider Solitide on a weekend pow day?
I'm open but I and others have season passes ar SB. If you're there in time for first boat the a.m.-s are usually fine, it can get chunky in the p.m. but generally workable. If the forecast holds up… Honeycomb won't open on Saturday.

Sponsor

Staff online