• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I just put into inventory and tagged several pairs of metallic silver women’s ski pants. They seriously look like aluminum foil. There is a matching white jacket with silver side panels. I can’t wait to see who tries them on and decides they are their choice of ski attire.
The people I notice with that type of attire in the NE are usually Asian(often young guys) or are Europeans on holiday.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The people I notice with that type of attire in the NE are usually Asian(often young guys) or are Europeans on holiday.

yeah, I mean, many of us can categorize outfit preferences in some way. We have a large Russian population from NYC who have weekend houses in the Poconos....Euro stuff is popular with them, as it is with the over 55 well-heeled women who also have weekend homes here.

The damn stuff doesn’t fit me....physically or personality-wise. But I enjoy trying it on and momentarily being that person. ogwink

WAIT.....I DO have a metallic-y silver vest with faux fur!!! :)

Reactions: Ogg

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Sometimes, you just have to ask yourself,

“What would Klaus wear?”

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That North face jacket would go well with this.....
50007AA2-C12D-4396-AD33-7A190FD58684.jpeg
We carried a helmet like this last year, as well as a metallic Easy Rider themed one. Our owner was appalled that her husband (our main bootfitter/shop tech, and a pretty funny, goofy guy) ordered them, insisting they would sell. They placed bets. He bet they’d be gone before Christmas, and they were. Of all the helmets in the store, those were the first to go.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
That North face jacket would go well with this.....
View attachment 82005
We carried a helmet like this last year, as well as a metallic Easy Rider themed one. Our owner was appalled that her husband (our main bootfitter/shop tech, and a pretty funny, goofy guy) ordered them, insisting they would sell. They placed bets. He bet they’d be gone before Christmas, and they were. Of all the helmets in the store, those were the first to go.
I'm not surprised it sold. I would think just the "I want to seen by my kids" crowd would have bought a substantial number of them.
yeah, I mean, many of us can categorize outfit preferences in some way. We have a large Russian population from NYC who have weekend houses in the Poconos....Euro stuff is popular with them, as it is with the over 55 well-heeled women who also have weekend homes here.

The damn stuff doesn’t fit me....physically or personality-wise. But I enjoy trying it on and momentarily being that person. ogwink

WAIT.....I DO have a metallic-y silver vest with faux fur!!! :)
I'm just jealous because I can't pull off outfits like that. I finally bought myself something with orange last season after skiing in black and grey for decades.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
With folks who buy that kind of attire, funny how it is that I can look in the parking lot and know exactly which vehicle they own! ogwink
Hey, to each their own.....if they feel happy and special wearing it, then it’s a win-win.

The outlier was the young scruffy guy who haggled us over a pair of last year’s Armadas for his girlfriend, wanted to put a pair of 10 year old bindings on them to save money...refused to take any advice except from his friend on the phone....told me he was an expert on all things skiing.....but had no idea what brakes on bindings were, or what width had to do with it.....then they drove off in a Bugatti.

One woman came in to rent skis and boots (first time ever skiing), and purchased all the Euro clothing....Kjus, Nils, etc. and insisted on buying a Lindsay Vonn race helmet (I forget what that was, but, yeah). All the clothing, and the helmet, was orange and yellow. It was AWESOME. Thousands of dollars in clothing, helmet and goggles, for her first time skiing....with low end rental skis and rear entry boots.... in the Poconos.

So I can’t wait for the buyers of the silver pants! ogwink

Come to think of it, I need to get a photo of those pants tomorrow.

Guy #1 is every service industry persons nightmare. Imagine working on his house or landscaping for weeks and then have them flip that attitude on.

If you work on commission, candidate #2 sounds awesome. They are also likely why occasionally people find $800 jackets at goodwill. Need to thank them for keeping us dirtbags clothed. :ogcool:

And the pants pics don’t count unless they are modeled. :roflmao:

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Sponsor

Staff online