• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Did someone say pleather?
p23477-Airhole-Pleather-S1.jpg

Reactions: Ron

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
"Wet Look" ski clothes were a bad idea the first time around in the early 70's. As it got cold in outdoor use the stuff got slicker than most people's ski bases. On steepish groomed slopes, the slide for life became a very real thing.

Thanks, but no thanks. Not this time.
I spent a winter in Jackson when wet look ski clothing was a thing. The tower 3 chutes were closed, and a guy in wet look fell and slid under the rope bouncing off trees and rocks on the way down. He did not survive.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Reactions: Ron

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
It's a women's coat. That guy is having a little fun.

There have been dozens of unisex coaches' coats like that; my favourite is the one Dynastar did in '96-'97. Imagine a duster with cape. Insulated, like a medium weight ski coat. In deep, rich violet neon green logo highlights.

And, of course, we mustn't forget the Descente ION coat.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just put into inventory and tagged several pairs of metallic silver women’s ski pants. They seriously look like aluminum foil. There is a matching white jacket with silver side panels. I can’t wait to see who tries them on and decides they are their choice of ski attire.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I just put into inventory and tagged several pairs of metallic silver women’s ski pants. They seriously look like aluminum foil. There is a matching white jacket with silver side panels. I can’t wait to see who tries them on and decides they are their choice of ski attire.

that would sell well at aspen, vail, Beaver creek, sun valley and Deer valley for sure.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier

55+ years old, drives a luxury SUV and needs them to reflect excessive fireplace heat.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
55+ years old, drives a luxury SUV and needs them to reflect excessive fireplace heat.
With folks who buy that kind of attire, funny how it is that I can look in the parking lot and know exactly which vehicle they own! ogwink
Hey, to each their own.....if they feel happy and special wearing it, then it’s a win-win.

The outlier was the young scruffy guy who haggled us over a pair of last year’s Armadas for his girlfriend, wanted to put a pair of 10 year old bindings on them to save money...refused to take any advice except from his friend on the phone....told me he was an expert on all things skiing.....but had no idea what brakes on bindings were, or what width had to do with it.....then they drove off in a Bugatti.

One woman came in to rent skis and boots (first time ever skiing), and purchased all the Euro clothing....Kjus, Nils, etc. and insisted on buying a Lindsay Vonn race helmet (I forget what that was, but, yeah). All the clothing, and the helmet, was orange and yellow. It was AWESOME. Thousands of dollars in clothing, helmet and goggles, for her first time skiing....with low end rental skis and rear entry boots.... in the Poconos.

So I can’t wait for the buyers of the silver pants! ogwink

Come to think of it, I need to get a photo of those pants tomorrow.

Reactions: Ogg

Sponsor

Staff online