• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Blue was clearly faster. Moerzinger (Moerz...who!?) so fresh FIS didn’t even have a picture of her.

James

Out There
Instructor
GS- Lots of lead changes. Wanted to see Meta Hrovat, 1998, of Slovenia get on the podium. She and Alice Robinson are the battling youngsters now.
4F875CE7-447C-47F9-A23F-D21516A78C2F.jpeg

BClipped

Booting up
Skier
Unfortunate thing for MS is that she was fastest in the second run, and by far the fastest in the final sector... So in the game of ‘What If’, Mikaela would be the winner if the course was 10m longer...

BClipped

Booting up
Skier
Has there ever been a three-way tie for first in the World Cup? That’s the only way this result could be beaten

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Today’s Parallel, totally not fair! Pro racing always had a run on each course. If it takes too long they should just qualify less racers. As someone who has set & run literally hundreds of dual courses, it is impossible for them to remain identical even if they happen to begin that way.

Too bad because I think someone is listening. 19 meters is getting closer to the set l would like to see. Chop a few more meters off, produce a ski to match it, add a few more gates, eliminate the combined & make the Parallel a 6 race series & we’ve got something worthwhile.
Shoulda been Holdener, Shiffrin, Bassino & Brignone in the final 4 :(

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Agree they should quality less racers so that each person gets one run on each course. It seems they qualify 32 so that WC scoring can be similar to top 30 in normal races, which I guess affects the overall standings, but there should still be a better way. I think in the last 12 races with 1/4 finals and consolation bracket blue course won 10 out of 12, which is silly.

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was surprised that Shiffrin is going to Bansko this weekend. Wonder if that was always the plan.

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Trying to change the topic…
I was surprised that Shiffrin is going to Bansko this weekend. Wonder if that was always the plan.
looks like the 24th will be a make up downhill for Val.
I would guess Shifrin will race in all? 3 races, 3 chances at points could be part of her decision?

Last edited:

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Trying to change the topic…

looks like the 24th will be a make up downhill for Val.
I would guess Shifrin will race in all? 3 races, 3 chances at points could be part of her decision?
No point in going if you're not going to race all 3 IMO.

With "only" a 250-pt lead over Vlhova, might be feeling a bit of pressure ... here are three races where any points are a buffer over PV.

Also, some speed might take her mind out of the tech bubble. Who knows.

Not sure if relevant, but ... Kilian Albrecht represented Bulgaria late in his career. Who knows if there are some connections there that make Shiffrin in Bansko a priority.

James

Out There
Instructor
Anyone know why the training on 24th has already been cancelled?

IMG_6860.jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
Going way outside the box-

Siebenhofer
Goggia
Tippler

I think last year there was a start list that had Huter, Suter, and Nufer. Which should be a law firm.

Sponsor

Staff online