• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Huh? What happened to Schmidhofer? I was waiting for her to run and she didn’t

James

Out There
Instructor
Wow! She now going to be a speed skier?
Was going to pick Brignone for second, but picking her again seemed too much . She’s on fire.
Current standings:
1C2A45F9-BADA-4066-B7A0-388573563CB3.jpeg

QueueCT

Getting off the lift
Skier
Was it a hard course today or did it simply favor the technical skiers? Shocked by the number of women who took bad lines, got bounced off the course or just put on the brakes (stivoted) in the technical section.

James

Out There
Instructor
Huh? What happened to Schmidhofer? I was waiting for her to run and she didn’t
She’s listed as DNS- did not start. No idea why.

Mikaela:
“It’s a technical hill, for sure the most technical track on the speed circuit, so I was looking forward to coming here because that maybe suits me a little bit better than some of the other typical speed tracks,” Shiffrin said. “I find that really interesting to learn a new track. It’s like a puzzle or something, It was pretty exciting to put everything together today.”
Video too-

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Was it a hard course today or did it simply favor the technical skiers
It certainly favored the techies but skiing is a technical sport & it sure wasn’t easy. If you watched Haehlen’s run it looked really hard& scary, Shiffrin not so much. There was still plenty of DH speed & excitement on this course, we could probably ask all those that DNF‘d :geek:.
The television coverage did not show the runs of Bassino & Vlhova but they both snuck right in there for top 10 spots.
Gotta admit I’ve seen SG courses with more straightaways then this one.
523A8E29-28C8-4610-A7F0-86F658C81F38.jpeg

i’ve got to go with the tech skiers tomorrow. Shiffrin, Bassino , Brignone in no particular order.
37797A45-54D6-44CD-963D-CBDEF0C0F523.jpeg

Should be a really fun SG On Sunday!

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Schmidhofer reported in Austrian press to be struggling with flu was the reason for dns, still in start list for Saturday but we’ll see. After today’s crash Goggia out for Saturday at least. Fun race to watch.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If you didn't see Curtoni's winning run, you need to! 28th to 1st!!!

These women are rock stars in my book. I am in awe of how they keep it together when the course is rough. Watching the slo-mo, showing how the skis bounce around and flex, and also knowing how stiff these skis really are... Wow, just wow!!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Something I noted as the announcers were talking about the women while on the race course...
More often than not, the announcer said, "she's coming off an injury"
Dang, that's a lot of injury!

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Viva Italia!
The more I see Bassino, the more I like what I see!
Gut-Behrami even showed a bit of her old self. Maybe Vieth can find some magic tomorrow.

SG...
Figuring tomorrow’s race will be even turnier, I am going with Shiffrin for the win, Brignone & Bassino
D2D6383F-81F2-4E18-9A9B-95A5AB5ACDDC.jpeg