• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Why Suggest FIS Skis?

James

Out There
Instructor
I know, right?
Yeah, I’m thinking of selling the ski it’s on for cheap, but I like the binding too much. Whereas the Rocker race would go in the chipper if not for the ski.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Tony should be ranting about Look/Rossi.

I will. The very moment I notice something that I do not like about them. So far no such thing. Getting in/out of them is the same as in Griffons-a touch tougher than WRTs but it is a very tiny touch and is reassuring more than annoying. I put my foot down-I am in. No worries.

No idea how they release tho, I am yet to fall on my Rossis, long may it continue.

JCF

Out on the slopes
Skier
Maybe the WRT 16's are tougher to get into ? The WRT 12's are no problem - I love the heavier engagement.
Getting out of them is even easier - just do something stupid on the WRT Pro :philgoat:

James

Out There
Instructor
Getting in/out of them is the same as in Griffons
Another brutal step in binding that had those with short boots dumping it. Especially if you had rubber on the heel. I never used the “improved” version. This was well known, not individual problems.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Another brutal step in binding that had those with short boots dumping it. Especially if you had rubber on the heel. I never used the “improved” version. This was well known, not individual problems.

Velominati Rulebook applies here.

More precisely Rule No5: Harden the f*ck up!

James

Out There
Instructor
Velominati Rulebook applies here.

More precisely Rule No5: Harden the f*ck up!
Going to give that quote to Lindsey!
Dude, it was real. Cost Marker sales. I would never chose that pos binding after experience and my step in was ok. It’s the only binding I’ve had which failed a test.

There was also another reason to put a lower spring in the PX-18. Kids racing who couldn’t use the higher Din were destroying the other binding.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Going to give that quote to Lindsey!
Dude, it was real. Cost Marker sales. I would never chose that pos binding after experience and my step in was ok. It’s the only binding I’ve had which failed a test.

There was also another reason to put a lower spring in the PX-18. Kids racing who couldn’t use the higher Din were destroying the other binding.

Man, I will repeat it for the umpteenth time..here, let me use all caps for added clarity: I HAVE NOT HAD A SINGLE PROBLEM WITH STEPPING INTO SPX 15. NEVER. EVER.

I love this binding, and even if the entire readership of this great forum of ours come here and say they suck I will still maintain, THERE ISN’T ANY PROBLEM WITH THESE.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
@Tony Storaro I can’t believe you moved those Rossi Bindings even more forward than they were before! Was shocked how forward they are when I measured them as the factory line is about 4 to 5cm forward of most other FIS SL skis I’ve seen.

Zirbl

Out on the slopes
Skier
Man, I will repeat it for the umpteenth time..here, let me use all caps for added clarity: I HAVE NOT HAD A SINGLE PROBLEM WITH STEPPING INTO SPX 15. NEVER. EVER.

I love this binding, and even if the entire readership of this great forum of ours come here and say they suck I will still maintain, THERE ISN’T ANY PROBLEM WITH THESE.
Au contraire. You can't get them off quickly enough when you've got one leg stuck the wrong side of the turnstile and a snowboarder's about to go right into the back of you.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Tony Storaro I can’t believe you moved those Rossi Bindings even more forward than they were before! Was shocked how forward they are when I measured them as the factory line is about 4 to 5cm forward of most other FIS SL skis I’ve seen.

You live, you learn man…

1710260986716.jpeg

smctigue

Getting on the lift
Skier

Haha - are we doing something wrong? Mine are like butter.

Jjmd

Putting on skis
Skier
Regarding the spx 12 vs the 15, is the spring just beefier, or is there a difference in construction?

Sponsor

Staff online