• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Why Suggest FIS Skis?

Zirbl

Out on the slopes
Skier
Tony, if you're skiing them with the 15s, you don't really know the skis yet, you've only taken them to a weenie roast.

Skitard

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Where are you from? Got my dynastar fis sl 165 incl binding spx15) (=rossi) for eu 750 in december. However i think by now only 157 / spx12 is on stock (eur 715), what are you looking for?

Attachments

• IMG_3971.png
    IMG_3971.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 15

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nothing, if you need lower settings. But the difference between them and the PX is more than just some numbers.

I am listening…

Bear in mind I have a torn and restored MCL in my right knee, so dont ski above 9.5, ain‘t taking no chances…

However if the difference in feeling is so big, I might go full YOLO who knows... :roflmao:

Zirbl

Out on the slopes
Skier
I am listening…

Bear in mind I have a torn and restored MCL in my right knee, so dont ski above 9.5, ain‘t taking no chances…
There's people on here better placed to detail all the differences, but in terms of how the ski felt, the main thing was that they held better with the heavier bindings.
I too use the 15s, just know what I'm missing and assumed with all the tiddly BSLs I keep reading about everyone else ran higher settings.

Zirbl

Out on the slopes
Skier
Eh, 18s are weak, Tony. Time to put the ICON 30 on your Redsters. They were able to fix that MCL once, I'm sure they can do it again.
Point well made, but I'm not bigging up any need for WC-level settings. The things just make the skis nicer, that's all.

BLiP

Out on the slopes
Skier
Point well made, but I'm not bigging up any need for WC-level settings. The things just make the skis nicer, that's all.
Just joking, really. I don't doubt that the PX is better. The heel certainly looks better. And 18 isn't too high for recreational skiing - plenty of people on the Pivot 18. But I generally try to keep it at or under 10 these days when I'd rather err on the side of release than not. So, the SPX it is, sadly.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Yeah, yeah, keep talking like this and the new season I go for the green PX, MCLs be damned…

The difference between 9.5 and 12-13 cant be THAT big i imagine.

Zirbl

Out on the slopes
Skier
Doesn’t matter. You call someone a tosser where I am from, you are kindly invited to step outside.
Of course it matters. Assuming you don't immediately resort to fresh air discussions the moment someone uses a mild epithet, I'd like to know who you think I was being critical of.

Last edited:

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
I mean, I have had done quite a lot of skiing on snow this year on them.. :ogbiggrin: It is just I am dumb enough not to have checked where my boot center was.
I've noticed that feeling the solid connection at the tips is what I like with my SCs and what I miss with many of the other cheater SLs including the newer (as in last few years). I've also noticed it on boiler plate, not on slush.

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
Yes, I am now considering moving them slightly back-just to experiment. Will just wait a bit for the shame and embarrassment to wear out a bit and Ski George will have another visit… :roflmao:

Perhaps next season tho…
The magic and fun of raceplates. We’re all different. I’m starting to believe BSL plays a big role. Haven’t got out on the all the way forward 1 shim gas pedal new Hero 165 setup. It was magnificent on the Volkl Racetiger 165.

Golf course beckons…gonna be 65 this week. Lookin like next year.

James

Out There
Instructor
There's people on here better placed to detail all the differences, but in terms of how the ski felt, the main thing was that they held better with the heavier bindings.
I too use the 15s, just know what I'm missing and assumed with all the tiddly BSLs I keep reading about everyone else ran higher settings.
I would love to use the Px-18. I despise the 15 rocker race since I went down to a 304 bsl. That Fischer RX-16 I got for $99 is a joy to get in. The Tyrolia free flexes are fine. Marker race are easy to get in. The Look is just terrible. Tony should be ranting about Look/Rossi. Just stubborn pig heads- won’t put a lower spring in the PX. It took them 10 years or so to do it to the Pivot 18.
I had a guy offer to swap springs if I bought both bindings. If I didn’t have to have them inspected, at this point I’d go for it.
Golf course beckons…gonna be 65 this week. Lookin like next year.
I can test them for you to make sure they’re ok. No charge!

Last edited:

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
I would love to use the Px-18. I despise the 15 rocker race since I went down to a 304 bsl. That Fischer RX-16 I got for $99 is a joy to get in. The Tyrolia free flexes are fine. Marker race are easy to get in. The Look is just terrible. Tony should be ranting about Look/Rossi. Just stubborn pig heads- won’t put a lower spring in the PX. It took them 10 years or so to do it to the Pivot 18.
I had a guy offer to swap springs if I bought both bindings. If I didn’t have to have them inspected, at this point I’d go for it.

I can test them for you to make sure they’re ok. No charge!
Haha!
Agree on RockerAce heel, brutal. Lucky for me I can get with cranking a very low 8 DIN

Sponsor