• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Too Stiff?! I spent a season and a half on these - Henke Stratos on top of Dynamic VR17’s ( STIFF) with a Look toe and a Marker heel. Flex rating? 180? 200? 2000? There is NO hinge for flexure and huge stainless straps! Foam? If you consider concrete foam, than these were “ foamed” . To this day, I have a scar on my right heel and no hair has grown on my shins since it was barely growing -1975.
I learned to ski at the tail end of the leather boot era and I firmly believe skiers developed a level of snow sensitivity if they spent time in softer leather boots. Things boot wise are so much better now but until recently I would err towards a touch too stiff knowing they would break down and I was still strong enough to flex them . Remember, unless your racing, the primary goal is FUN! View attachment 163773
You should add this picture to the All Things Henke thread.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You should add this picture to the All Things Henke thread.
Those are actually Joal’s from the all things Henke thread.
Mine were the same except even higher by about an inch unless I’m mistaken . Strato SL if I recall-they made Lange’s feel like bedroom slippers.

Sponsor

Staff online