• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
tell us what's working for you this season? What's changed your skiing in a good way and why? New ski's ,poles, jackets/pants, gloves, new hips or knees, lessons, oatmeal? :).

for me, its been my Liberty V92. (179) This ski has become my new favorite ski for just about anything. 20 days on them so far and a couple of tunes. Picked up the Origin 96 (187) and have similar experiences but in a different way. Hoping to get more days on them with the upcoming storm cycle.

Also, continuing from last season, the K2 Recon 120 with over 40 days on them still ski like they are out of the box. Super comfortable, plenty precise and so great in off-piste conditions,

Working on Infinity move. Really loving the power and stability not to mention the float.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Skiing with my top two buckles undone and the Booster on. Solves the leg lockup from the cuff. Improves dynanic balance, probably helps reduce injury. It has drawbacks though like excessive floppiness in that area. Snow gets in the gap and works it's way in.
The laceup liner probably helps to ski without the buckles.

I tried to demo the V82 but the tune was so bad it was really hard to ski. My punishment for not having a backup pair was being forced to ski it all day.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
1000 steps and lacing back down towards the instep from a surgeons knot at the cuff - who sez you need edges for a steel fenced hairpin on 10% grade?
IMG_20190113_141731.jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
LOL, I was just discussing doing that with @Stephen yesterday. I ski with top 2 just barely snug with Booster (WC) snugged up.
Interesting. It's not a great solution, but it works pretty well. Helped keep feet warm but not if there's like loose snow where I guess snow is just being forced in the gap. I was surprised how much snow was in there and I tape the overlap seams. I was thinking a neoprene band around the cuff might help.

Reactions: Ron

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What about it? I don't see the connection.
I was cutting off arcs at the top. Becoming sensitized to allowing initiation to the outside (ie left on a turn to the right) via the feet/legs makes hookups a lot better and more fun for me.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Me too, its called Voltaren 75mg BID. (2x daily) LOLOL

It's so stupid that Voltaren is prescription only in the US, it is over the counter in the UK.

Since I'm not able to get on the slopes as much this season I'll say that what's working for me is the regular weight lifting and elliptical workouts to keep up some strength and fitness for when I am up.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I take a couple quick warm up runs before I start teaching and practice a couple drills and find this really sets the tone for the day. Also loving my Stormrider 85s. Feeling more confident and venturing onto terrain I used to avoid.

Reactions: Ron

Monster

Monstrous for some time now. . .
Skier
Hotronics, oh yeah, and hotronics. . . Off and on hyper-cold wx (single digit f highs) here in the NE.

A pair of 88 underfoot mild flex skis and moderate-flex, adjustable-forward-lean boots for more upright stance (than my plugs). Resort manque, corn, to medium pow rig - enjoying these a lot when the conditions suit.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I pretty much replaced all my old gear for this season. Skis, boots, helmet, goggles, shell jacket, gloves, new luggage. It’s all better than the old stuff particularly the skis. The biggest surprises though are the $15 Head gloves from Costco and the $2 Lebent socks from ebay.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I got a lighter 10k jacket. I sweat far less and overall feel more comfortable. My old jacket is now reserved for storm days.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m just sucking at a slightly higher level.

Lots of fine tuning adjustments, isolating some movements and then integrating.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Rollerblading in the off season is paying off. I don't need to think about getting the inside leg to move, it just does it now. Also, some payoff with improved balance when on one ski.

Fixing the gap between my boot and ski at the toe in the binding. Definitely a big improvement for my Kendos. Can actually edge reliably with these on hardpack now.

Focusing on good hand position and narrow stance for bumps.

Sponsor

Staff online