• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Delicious

Glass Cranks
Skier
BTW- that's a great ski! Did you demo those last season? I like the PRD.
Total thread revival here. I am going to purchase the V76 for our(my wife's) quiver. I am looking at the PRD12 GW.
Do you know...?
1. Is the Powerrail designed to increase stiffness under boot?
2. What is the heel/toe stack height delta?

Thank you!

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
if you want power and low stack height/delta, look Rock/Race mounted to the deck. I have that setup on my Augments and love it!

Delicious

Glass Cranks
Skier
if you want power and low stack height/delta, look Rock/Race mounted to the deck. I have that setup on my Augments and love it!
I am NOT looking to add stiffness.
Is the PRD a massive delta? Can anyone take a measurement?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
its not stiffness its flex and snow feel which correlates to power, I should have been more clear. the PRD has much more delta.

Delicious

Glass Cranks
Skier
its not stiffness its flex and snow feel which correlates to power, I should have been more clear. the PRD has much more delta.
OK. Thank you. I'll consider Rockerace, per your enthusiastic advice.

Last edited:

Eric Edelstein

ExoticSkis
Skier
Industry Insider
If you can find a pair of Tyrolia PRD-12 demo binders at the right price...don't hesitate.. we've been running PRD-12s on a pair of V-76s for several seasons now in Vermont and it's an excellent binding for that ski if you want to play with the mount position...but to echo what others said...Liberty's recommended mount position on the V-76 is right on the money for most conditions...so you don't really need a demo-track binding for that ski to get the most out of it....

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
I put Head/Tyrolia PRX12 bindings and PowerRails on a pair of flat skis. (PRX has more delta than PRD; more delta works for me.) The rail has no boot-center marking. I had to put the bindings on the bare rail, put the boot in, transfer the boot center mark to the rail. Put the rail on the ski, match the center line, mark the 8 screw holes, then I could drill & tap the screw holes. The PowerRail has 2 fixed mount screws and 6 that allow longitudinal float for flex purposes. Anyway, it worked out well, took a lot of time, and was interesting to me to do it.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
I ended up with Griffons on my v76s. Just picked them up, the 90mm brakes tuck in fine. My concerns about finding narrower brakes were unfounded

Sponsor