• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wearing two different boots for my two different ankles?

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Dale is definitely on my radar and if I'm just not having success I will certainly make that trip and have a reason to ski some UT slopes. What liners did you end up going with in your Dales? I mentioned I have some Zipfits and they said, sure we can use those. So all of their customization must be in the shells themselves and then they have various options for liners. I planned to try a few different boots with 2 different fitters to simultaneously experiment with different things and different perspectives so maybe I should get some Dales regardless. Part of my issue will be getting the boots to fit but I think the bigger experiment will be working with ramp angles, shims and binding deltas to find the best angle to lock out my ankle since there is very little ROM.

I chose the recommended wrap Intuition liners. I had another pair of Intuition liners I had purchased to try and save my old boots. They said I could use them but I'm glad I didn't. The Intuition liners that DaleBoot uses are made specifically for their boots and are not stock Intuition liners. They know what they are doing so if I were you I'd get whatever liner they recomend! If I ever have an issue with a liner I can always use my others but ONLY until I can get to a DaleBoot shop!

When they do the final fitting they adjust the cant, footbed and ramp angles for each foot/ankle.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hi again, Surfandski. At the risk of saying the obvious, I'd really call that CO bootfitter. Right now, he may still be by appointment only, have sales on last year's boots, gear and tight fit, appropriate heated socks, and have the time to really talk over the phone, if only by appointment, more than likely! This is still probably just after the labor day rush and before the full customer/race camp rush, if only barely. Ask him about all your options, including ones mentioned here, if desired, and get his feedback, if only to get your ducks/options in order. In my experience, he will probably save a lot of false steps, a few wrong turns or dead ends also, just with his suggestions.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
your feet and ankles are now radically different from each other, this idea of "performance and flex" being the same.... it won't be the same.
This is pretty much it.
The suggestion to see Jack Rafferty in Snowmass Village when you're in Colorado is good, but make sure to call ahead.
Daleboot is another good option.
But...in the end, your feet and how you "flex" a boot isn't the same.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Which brings us to the next point - why, exactly, are we asserting the skis to be the same?
We aren't. We are answering the question the OP has about his boots. This is the America's Best Bootfitters Masterfit forum area.

Sponsor

Staff online