• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
@Tricia - I realize neither are new or changed this season, but can you compare / contrast the Santa Ana 100 vs the La Nina for me in the Nordica lineup? Last season, I felt like the Santa Ana was an immediate game changer for me. I got them in March (thanks!!), but was able to ski a lot of days on them.

A couple of months ago, I bought the La Ninas - and I love them. I am finding that I choose them over the Santa Anas, even when it's been dry for a few weeks. Now, I fully recognize that I'm an outlier around here with my fondness for fat skis - but what - other than width - distinguishes these two skis? One thing that I noticed, and which shocked me, is that the La Ninas have a smaller turn radius than the Santa Anas. I can't say, though, if that's the "it" factor for me.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Its been a while since I've been on the LaNiñas but IIRC she has a shorter wheel base and may pivot a little quicker.
Now I feel a need to demo the two back to back and compare.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Its been a while since I've been on the LaNiñas but IIRC she has a shorter wheel base and may pivot a little quicker.
Now I feel a need to demo the two back to back and compare.

I would definitely appreciate it! Is shorter wheel base the same as a tight turning radius, or does it have more to do with how much of the ski is cambered vs rockered?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Has more to do with how much "contact length" the ski has, which relates to the camber/rocker profile.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
@Monique, you should get out on them back-to-back and write up a demo for us :D
I should, except what I would say would be like, "Umm, I liked the La Ninas better." This doesn't help me in figuring out what characteristics work for me in a ski.

The wheelbase thing would make sense, because rotation and smearing are my strongest skills. (The good kind of rotation, not upper body.) So skis that reward that ... Sure. But I also did really well in the race course my very first day on them, so I think there's more going on.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia why not try the Men's E93 in a 169?

The 185 E93 has been the longest "near daily" ski I have skied at stowe in a while and its impressively versatile.
I would love to and will when I get a chance

*sorry for the slow reply, missed this post earlier.

Sponsor

Staff online