• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Torn between winter and summer

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I've actually been riding inside for the last month because of life and work getting in the way of outdoor riding.. I've got a couple of cyclocross races in the upcoming weekends and then I'll be getting my fatbike out for winter riding.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I prefer summer for the weather (overall) but prefer skiing over biking, so I guess they balance each other out?? :rolleyes: This has NOT been a good riding summer, either, so that doesn't help things. Hot, dry, dusty, smoky.

Signed my daughter up for the devo "race" team program at Snowbasin, so that will be fun. Those of you who have met my daughter, this is kind of a big deal as she is not the most confident, athletic character on the planet, yet, the little stinker will ski all over the mountain and is a mean little tennis player!

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I need to fnd the right outfit to wear so I can bike more this winter. Especially some good gloves. Once it drops below 20 degrees I switch to running, which isn't fun at all. If there's enough snow I xc a couple times a week which keeps me in great shape for skiing.

POGIES! simple and relatively cheap (~100$).

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I thought I would post this up here since its about riding stoke; here's my 70 year old neighbor I ride with from yesterday He is just coming off spinal fusion and was off his bike for 6 months. He's been going insane missing out on his riding. Paul is a bad-ass! We've been out every other day over the past 10 days. We'll ride into the upper 30's. (ski mountain in the background)

fullsizeoutput_815.jpeg

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
I love my road and mtb riding throughout the year, though in winter it's more just a calorie-offset exercise really. In the summer I often find myself visualising ski runs/sensations when I'm descending either on road or trails. I love summer too, especially being in and on the water...but like many posters above, there's only really one Mistress I obey.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
I'm not that torn.......Candidly I hate winter. I love, I mean I really love skiing, but overall I'm not a fan of winter.........I don't like the short days, not having the windows open, having to warm the car up, the terrible drivers in my area (NO people in Minneapolis are not good winter drivers. Reckless behind the wheel and worse than NYC drivers which is saying something) .......Have been living in Minneapolis for the last few years and the winters here are brutal. Last winter was the worst that I can remember. I really enjoy summer....open windows, less clothing, long days, bike riding......summer = life

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
What a sad existence :)

The only time I truly hate summer is when I'm back in NJ but that's also the time when I truly hate winter too. :thumb:

Sponsor

Staff online