• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tokyo Olympics

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
It's like old drunk creepy men sitting watching reruns of female gym routines. Like..it's..I don't even have words to describe and I have a lot of words in my vocab! Wimbledon is the same.. Just..sad..and for all females, I'm embarrassed. I had hoped we'd be better than this... :(
Yeah.

I played volleyball in high school and like watching the sport. But I feel skeevy watching women's beach volleyball. If some women want to dress a certain way, that's up to them, but seeing every competitor is grossly minimal clothing that's forced on them is nasty.

TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
The women’s indoor volleyball is far superior. US is going to the finals. They can serve, unlike the US men who couldn’t get it in the court.
I spent some time earlier this afternoon to see who was broadcasting what as we have 3 networks showing the games. I have to go to each website to pull up the schedule. I seem to remember during the winter Olympics there was a chart each day with event, time and who was showing it.
Use the IOC app for scheduling. Or the NBC app. There’s only NBC, NBCSN, USA, Olympic Channel (usually news, replay), and golf channel. Final women’s golf round, if played, will be live tonight due to time difference. It’s very relaxing to watch.

NBC app always gives you option of live.

Haven’t used Peacrap once.

TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
High drama in women’s gold medal soccer game! Quite the shootout.
Never let it go to pk’s.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Never let it go to pk’s.
Pretty flattering for Canada. I suppose that's why they play the games instead of going by what's on paper. Nice send off for Sinclair. I think she may have done her last Olympics.

TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
Pretty flattering for Canada. I suppose that's why they play the games instead of going by what's on paper. Nice send off for Sinclair. I think she may have done her last Olympics.
Well both teams tried valiently to lose the pk’s.
Between the Euros, the Gold Cup, and the Olympics, it’s been a summer of non stellar pk’s.

Maybe Sinclair can take Rapinoe, Lloyd and a couple others. It’s tough to move on because those are the players making the team money. It’s time.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It's like old drunk creepy men sitting watching reruns of female gym routines. Like..it's..I don't even have words to describe and I have a lot of words in my vocab! Wimbledon is the same.. Just..sad..and for all females, I'm embarrassed. I had hoped we'd be better than this... :(
Yeah.

I played volleyball in high school and like watching the sport. But I feel skeevy watching women's beach volleyball. If some women want to dress a certain way, that's up to them, but seeing every competitor is grossly minimal clothing that's forced on them is nasty.
Thankfully, I haven't seen old drunks in trench coats with a news paper over their lap sitting in dark rooms watching reruns of female gym routines!

...but better than this, as if gazing at admiring the human body is bad, something to be ashamed of. Cover it up. Really? I call that un-evolved!

I don't feel skeevy watching scantily clothed woman's beach volleyball, platform diving, track and field and gymnastics, etc.
I rather enjoy seeing as much as is shown of their beautiful Donatello'esque bodies in motion, about the epitome of physical beauty.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Never let it go to pk’s.

I was out in the middle of Fenchmen's Bay.. Pickering, ON with our Friday practice crew for Dragon Boat. We finished a piece and I heard coach say to the seat in back...coming foreward. Oh crap what did we do wrong is my though. He sits down on the drum platform with his phone and we listen to the play by play. I'm sure both Yacht Clubs knew what just happened!!

Great to have a coach that is not just about paddling...all sports deserve our attention.

TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
Molly Seidel wins bronze in Olympic marathon.
Kenya goes first and second.
70863403-A64C-44A6-B276-BE0F03F4AF27.jpeg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow, what a men's volleyball final... France was up two sets to none over ROC, but ROC barely won the next two and it's currently in a 5th set tied at 6 points ... I thought France had it in the bag mid-way through the second set.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
American Gable Steveson throws the equivalent of a hail mary pass to pull out a win and Olympic gold in 125kg (heavy weight 275lbs) wrestling:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
American Gable Steveson throws the equivalent of a hail mary pass to pull out a win and Olympic gold in 125kg (heavy weight 275lbs) wrestling:

You can watch it here. IMO, the Georgian sort of gave it away by going too passive/conservative at the end... maybe Steveson just wore him out.

TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
Women’s golf cane down to the last hole, plus a playoff hole for silver. Nelly Korda, US holds on for gold.
Men’s marathon on now, live. Finish probably 8-8:15 pm Eastern.
US women basketball play Japan for gold tonight at 10:30 Eastern.
US Women Volleyball play Brazil in gold match at 12:30am

Lots of velodrome cycling going on tonight.
6A562238-F6AD-4750-8F47-797C9777C4AA.jpeg

Earlier races they were using two solid wheels. Now seems to be just rear.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Women’s golf cane down to the last hole, plus a playoff hole for silver. Nelly Korda, US holds on for gold.
Men’s marathon on now, live. Finish probably 8-8:15 pm Eastern.
US women basketball play Japan for gold tonight at 10:30 Eastern.
US Women Volleyball play Brazil in gold match at 12:30am

Lots of velodrome cycling going on tonight.
View attachment 139388
Earlier races they were using two solid wheels. Now seems to be just rear.
Did you watch the men's Madison? Crazy event. Pretty fun to watch... 200 laps of tag-team racing.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
Sean Codger
July 22 at 9:57 PM ·
I need someone to explain human physiology to me. Why is it that wom*n can only perform their best athletic feats damned near nekkid while m*n can break world records practically dressed in a suit of armor?

Because from the layperson's perspective, it would seem to me that all athletes would do better with MOST of their ass cheeks INSIDE the designated uniform. I don't know about y'all, but pulling my shorts ALL the way out of the crack of my ass every three steps tends to reduce my best time doing ANYTHING.

Hell, just for the sake of costs, it would seem cheaper to supply wom*n volleyball players with adult-sized shorts rather than refill the sand pit each morning, because we all know where most of that sand ends up by match end. And needless to say, if a grown ass m*n can do the splits while wearing footie pajamas, we can put some shorts on the G*RLS competing in gymnastics.

Of course, I suspect that these wardrobe decisions are made with an eye towards enticing men into watching women's sports, but now that we have the Innanet, how is this supposed to work? A man is going to watch three HOURS of a wom*n's volleyball match just to see the occasional cheek-slip when he can visit allthebooty-dot-com and still have 2 hours and 57 minutes to watch the US m*n’s basketball game against Angola? That's not good marketing (or time management)!

Seriously, how is a wom*n running faster than you can ride a bike or skate not interesting enough on its own? How is a wom*n using a flimsy ass pole to vault herself a height equal to the roof of your house not worth a "peek," even if you don't get to see her Fallopian tubes in the process?

And is this what we are going to do to shrink the educational gap in this country? Are we now going to have our school teachers dressed like they are in a Van Halen video to get the b*y students to start paying attention? And if so, is it permissible to go back to night school for your GED even if you already have a college degree? #askingforafriend

Seriously, it should be possible for wom*n to be able to display their TALENTS ... and just their talents ... for three weeks every four years. After all, it's not like we have to start listening to their IDEAS or anything.
Yeah.

Totally agree. It is beyond comprehension for me after the stuff a few years ago (Weinstein et al). The mens platform diving suits could use an update also.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Did you watch the men's Madison? Crazy event. Pretty fun to watch... 200 laps of tag-team racing.
The six-day races in Europe were SUCH a thing... I don't know they have the same following now. 15k spectators..Munchen Olympiaplatz..bwahhh...

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
IIRC Montreal's financial disaster lead directly to the wholesale commercialization of the event. Didn't California pass a law that not one cent of public money could be spent on the games in LA in 84? So Coke et al got invited to fund.

Shooot... maybe Bris should get a copy of that law from LA.
Yes, and it’s coming back to the LA in ‘28 by which time I hope to be out of there. Although I heard the 84 Olympics went smoothly-everyone was so afraid of the predicted “ carnagedeon “ they left town or didn’t go out. Freeways were empty I’ve been told.

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
Yes, and it’s coming back to the LA in ‘28 by which time I hope to be out of there. Although I heard the 84 Olympics went smoothly-everyone was so afraid of the predicted “ carnagedeon “ they left town or didn’t go out. Freeways were empty I’ve been told.

Certainly happened in Sydney. Large numbers of people left town, roads were uncluttered and it was a relaxed wonderful atmosphere for the two weeks of the Games. Even for those of us who carrying on normal jobs and life. :):cool:

That lasted about one week after the games. Then the daily commute racheted back to usual levels of aggro.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Certainly happened in Sydney. Large numbers of people left town, roads were uncluttered and it was a relaxed wonderful atmosphere for the two weeks of the Games. Even for those of us who carrying on normal jobs and life. :):cool:

That lasted about one week after the games. Then the daily commute racheted back to usual levels of aggro.
FWIW, a good friend of mine competed at Sydney- by far his favorite of the three he’s been in . He loved Sydney and said they were the best run games he’d been in. No good deed goes unpunished ... :)

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The 84 summer games had no taxpayer support of any consequence. The combination of private funding and existing venues made it actually profitable- 200+ million profit in ‘84 dollars . Having large universities with great facilities made that possible - I don’t see any public appetite for public funding of new venues for ‘28

Sponsor