• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Full reshaping

Each size added 2cm. Old was 144,150,1556,162. New 146,152,158,164.

Sidecut adjusted. Old 120-65-100. New. 119-67-99.

Nose shape adjusted the contact point forward as well as adaptive contact length which means the more you roll the ski, the longer the contact point gets.

Flex distribution is adjusted. The ski is more playful and better handling at speeds. The layup remains the same.

Want.

Freddo Bumps

Booting up
Skier
@LindseyB or others, can you compare the AR to the previous Scale Gamma. I know the Gamma has 5mm more in the shovel, 3mm fewer under foot, and 5mm fewer at the tail, but how about construction and performance?

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
Too bad they're not doing 35% on the AR or SR95.

My local ski shop (Buckmans) in the keystone state has the AX in 168 and 175cm at 30% off.

Skis that carry over are don't go on sale according to the dealer agreement. Stockli can go on sale March 1 of the second year of production if they have any left.

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
@LindseyB or others, can you compare the AR to the previous Scale Gamma. I know the Gamma has 5mm more in the shovel, 3mm fewer under foot, and 5mm fewer at the tail, but how about construction and performance?

The Gamma is also softer and not as much power. Same core, and same dampening, not as demanding. I still think the Scale series was incredibly well designed and very underrated. I hope we bring back a couple similar designs.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi All,

I am new here, in fact I only registered here for this particular thread only as Stockli ski is my new obsession.

First of all I do not believe Stockli are made in Switzerland nor they are handmade. No. This is what they want you to believe. But we were all deceived.
In fact Stockli are forged. In secret. In the fires of Mount Doom. By the Lord of the Ski, who poured all of his skills, his magic and his will to dominate the slopes. One Ski to Rule Them All! :):):)

Thanks a lot to LindseyB for all the info provided, this is by far the most complete and valuable source of information on Stockli I have found on the internet and I do not think you even imagine how much of an influence you have been to thousands upon thousands of people around the world. Thank you and please keep it coming.

I have been on Laser AX for the last two season and just cannot explain how happy I've been. This is not a ski, this is magic carpet. They do EVERYTING you ask them and then some more. These skis took me by the hand and catapulted me from awkward intermediate to confident, even cocky advanced skier. Short turns, long turns, cruising, hard pack, slush, chopped snow...everything...you point them and they go.

So the AX made me so much better that now I want the GS to go FASTAHH with more POWAHHH, lol.

LindseyB, do you think for someone 183/90 kg, strong but not overly agressive skier the GS in 180 cm is a good fit? Will I lose any of the power and speed if I go shorter? My AX are 175 and I am absolutely in love with them but perhaps I should go longer on the GS?
Too bad I do not have an option to demo them.

I will probably add also a SL to the quiver for the next season and think 165 will suit me fine.

Thanks in advance!

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Any particular preferred binding for the Stockli Stormrider Motion 85?

Mamie dislike the feel of the Tyrolia Attack bindings. I mounted Marker Griffons on hers.
That said. Most of the current binding with a lateral toe spring will work.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I will probably add also a SL to the quiver for the next season and think 165 will suit me fine.

My 165 Laser SL with the STO Speedplate and SP12 Ti bindings are my magic slippers.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My 165 Laser SL with the STO Speedplate and SP12 Ti bindings are my magic slippers.

I feel they will be gooooood. I just got the 16/17 version for what could only be described as "a song". They are 160 cm but the deal was just too good to miss. Not sure about the length, perhaps they will be a tad too short but we will find out soon enough.

How tall are you? Are the SL good on steep hard slopes?Like....quite steep and icy?

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Mine are also the '17 model. I'm 5' 9", 175lbs.
They're definitely good on steep hard slopes. And everything else!

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wasn't referring to the forte of the skis. More toward you being a collector rather than a skier.

Bluntly put - If you have to ask....

No problem. You are fully entitled to your opinion. As for being a collector..dunno if that's the scientifically correct term for someone who only has 1 pair of skis-the aforementioned AX. I got rid of all the other skis-XDR, iRally etc and only kept the AX, this is how ridiculously good they are. The new SL's are yet to arrive.
So, if I am going to add any news skis to the AX, they will have to add a different dimension and be just as good.
As with bicycles- 3 is the magic number :):)

Cheers!

James

Out There
Instructor
Anyone know if the edge width of the Laser SL is the same as the Laser Sl Fis ?

Sponsor

Staff online