• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Z ‘n me.

0A1AB853-784A-44BB-AE5D-5426E4028B66.jpeg

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
Our new dog, Tess. She is rescue black lab that we adopted in August from a wonderful group called Utah Labrador and Newfoundland Rescue. She’s now 11 months old and is alive merely because she is so damned cute! ;) Actually, she’s doing well but is just a puppy and likes to chew things. We are very glad we got her and brought her into the family. Being a central UT dog who was born 1 December I doubt she has ever seen snow! Can’t wait to see her reaction! I know she will love it!

This is her a few days after we got her:
And with her sister, 5-tear old Silver Labrador, Abbey:

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Thank you all for posting pics of your fur-babies. It helps a lot. Work puts me 600 miles from mine for several months at a time, it really helps to meet your. I found this and it will now travel with me.

20181027_102708.jpg

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Not my dog. The BIGGEST American Bulldog I have ever met. He is way bigger than the picture makes him look. Owner cooks and grinds 20 lbs of chicken a week for this guy. View attachment 57669

I met a 120lb male 'teenager' bred for pulling. His name was Crunch. Owner expected he would be 140# fully grown.
American Bulldogs are making a strong comeback and I find the breed very desirable.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
I met a 120lb male 'teenager' bred for pulling. His name was Crunch. Owner expected he would be 140# fully grown.
American Bulldogs are making a strong comeback and I find the breed very desirable.

Owner said this guy held the pulling record 2 years ago. My family had Saints so know big dogs. This boy has got to be pushing 200 lbs.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Fostering an older but well behaved pooch, Ollie, a Basenji.

He and my two were a wee snarky to one another. My older Roxy and Ollie (whose 13) were on chairs sucking up some sun. Ollie jumped over to Roxy's chair wanting me to pet him .. Roxy didn't have have time to growl, she just lay there and by her look, was a bit frustrated by his sitting and then laying down on her.

He's up for adoption: https://www.basenjirescue.org/dogs/default.asp

He seems more calm than described and is well trained (for a Basenji). Working with him to be less grumpy when pestered but he's not too bad by my experience.

Ollie and Roxy.jpeg
Ollie standing up.jpeg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I managed to get Cooper to sit still for just a moment. Four miles of breaking trail in the snow = two exhausted humans, and two exhausted dogs. My plan had been six miles, with the center two being the most difficult ... but even the two miles in felt like a lot. The dogs are now exhausted, and unfortunately Loki was limping last night and this morning. The CBD oil helps a lot - he's good on summer hikes now - but it just shows how much more effort is involved when you're in fresh snow. My adductors were also screaming from stabilizing on the descent.

Loki, not pictured. He's four or five years younger than Cooper, but Cooper doesn't seem to have any such issues. I think Loki has a slight spinal deformation - his tail is naturally short, too.

20181118_111439.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online