• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Arizona/New Mexico Taos

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Presumably, that was regular forest almost up to the electrical boxes in front before the wind storm, and now you can see tons of snapped and stripped trees.
I heard there was blow down at Taos from the last storm but that pic is crazy. Looks like a hurricane came through.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Presumably, that was regular forest almost up to the electrical boxes in front before the wind storm, and now you can see tons of snapped and stripped trees.
Ah, I missed the snapped trees last night when I saw it. Did notice the tipped over electrical box. That was some wind storm.
However, it appears that the bra @Tex photographed in post #16 survived the wind!

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well the 3 days I was there, I did not see one girl throw their braw in a tree. I figured out the problem, there is just not enough snow for all that kinda stuff. Later in the season, when there is a lot of snow, and all that sun, and beer….that’s when the girls go crazy and throw their braw in a tree.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok serious note, Taos needs snow. Good news is snow is comming. Right now your run it Bambi/Powerderhorn all the way down, there some good lines, and a few very bad spots, that solid bullet proof ice. Not something for a beginner. Probably saw someone in a stretcher every day.

Roundturns

Getting off the lift
Skier
Sure looked like you made your own fun and also made a great father daughter memory.

Reactions: Tex
TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sure looked like you made your own fun and also made a great father daughter memory.
Thanks, she is a lot of fun. I’m a very lucky daddy.

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Made solo 3 day trip, just finished my last run, here is what I learned this trip.

First, the chairs at the legendary spot, the arm rests were not designed for arm ergonomics. The were made to hold beer, they are perfectly level, no beer slippage at all.

B911A42C-D0B2-4F54-87E6-A0C646447CB3.jpeg

So my daughter I spoil her with slopside lodging, this trip I’m staying in Taos and public parking. So here is second thing I learned, when ridging in the cattle trailer, if you yell “whooooo hooooo!!”, he will stop perfectly right next to your truck.

02DFCB2E-691E-4CEB-9A80-CD19ECC684BD.jpeg

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I give this place a 2 thumbs up.

E48F583C-1175-42CC-ABBD-4D27E598E197.jpeg
C48CC3AA-F662-4330-97FF-E28B44C48350.jpeg
I always get a chimichanga with green chili sauce when I’m in the Rockies…

5749CBD0-2475-47CB-8946-AEC3272DC4B9.jpeg

Roundturns

Getting off the lift
Skier
Made solo 3 day trip, just finished my last run, here is what I learned this trip.

First, the chairs at the legendary spot, the arm rests were not designed for arm ergonomics. The were made to hold beer, they are perfectly level, no beer slippage at all.

View attachment 154814

So my daughter I spoil her with slopside lodging, this trip I’m staying in Taos and public parking. So here is second thing I learned, when ridging in the cattle trailer, if you yell “whooooo hooooo!!”, he will stop perfectly right next to your truck.

View attachment 154816
You’re having too much fun Tex. Good on you! Plus you understand the utility value of duct tape, a skiers best friend.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ That's pretty cool. Love the door. :roflmao: :roflmao:

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
how’s snow?
A lot better than it was in Dec my last trip, but they need more snow. The groomers still got some spots that are bad where it is scrapped down to the bullet proof man-made stuff, you know the spots easy to avoid them. Right at the bottom #2, injuries continue there. The black runs you can find some good bumps, other places scrapped down to toughs and rocks. Another storm it will be nice.

Lift #4 is expected to open on 1/15.

Sponsor

Staff online