• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Brock Tice

Out on the slopes
Skier
What weather site provides the most accurate forecast for TSV?

I like weather underground, twining road or "Taos Cabin" station. NWS alerts tend to have good info about incoming storm totals at high altitude.

Thursday/Friday looking good. I might have to check off Black Rock Traverse and its chutes Saturday if that comes through.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I will probably go my happy way into kinder, gentler terrain.
There will be some folks (like me ogsmile) who will likely do the same.

Not everyone who comes to these wants to hike and/or ski black bump runs all afternoon.....

OK, maybe we all want to... but some of us can't/won't.

Brock Tice

Out on the slopes
Skier

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Brock Tice we have liked the Amizette Inn. Great breakfast with a view, family owned and not expensive. Of course if you wnt luxury there is the Blake... I see a number of folks are at Austing House across the street. That place used to creep me out but it was sold a while back and has been remodeled I believe.

Brock Tice

Out on the slopes
Skier
@Brock Tice we have liked the Amizette Inn. Great breakfast with a view, family owned and not expensive. Of course if you wnt luxury there is the Blake... I see a number of folks are at Austing House across the street. That place used to creep me out but it was sold a while back and has been remodeled I believe.

We stayed at Austing Haus a couple weekends ago and I can report a great experience, and tasty food.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
What weather site provides the most accurate forecast for TSV?
The weather channel...
Until 5:00am MST, Wed Jan 15
Action Recommended: Avoid the subject event as per the instructions
Issued by: Albuquerque - NM, US, National Weather Service,

...WINTER STORM TO BRING HEAVY MOUNTAIN SNOW TO THE WEST AND NORTH AS WELL AS FREEZING RAIN POTENTIAL TO THE EAST... A couple disturbances Thursday and Friday will bring widespread precipitation to the area, including mountain snow to western and northern NM and rain with the potential for freezing rain across portions of the eastern plains. A backdoor cold front moving through the eastern plains on Wednesday will cool surface temperatures and help set the stage for a wintry mix. Portions of the eastern plains, particularly the I-25 corridor from Santa Rosa to Tucumcari as well as areas north to Clayton and south to Clovis will have the greatest potential of seeing areas of freezing rain Thursday morning and then again late Thursday night. Total ice accumulations ranging from 0.01" to 0.10" are possible which may cause slick and hazardous travel conditions. Heavy mountain snow will also be possible across the northern mountains beginning Thursday afternoon and continuing through Friday. Several inches of snow will be possible above 7500 feet with snow accumulations over a foot possible in the peaks of the Tusas and Sangre de Cristo Mountains. Strong westerly winds on Friday will lead to areas of blowing snow across northern NM. Very slick roads may lead to hazardous travel conditions along the Continental Divide of Interstate 40 and U.S. 550 as well as through mountainous terrain of northern NM. High confidence exists in mountain snow accumulations, but lesser confidence remains regarding freezing rain across the east. Monitor NOAA weather radio, weather.gov/abq or your local media for the latest weather updates. For the latest New Mexico road conditions visit nmroads.com or call 5-1-1.

Opensnow...
TSV2.PNG

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
110 of 110 Trails OPEN!!!! Kachina lift should be open with another 12" coming soon...for the gathering (I hope)...some stoke...

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Wondering if there are any "BSL Buddies" going to Taos. I'm a 293 or 295 depending on which boots I'm in.

Sponsor

Staff online