• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Stretch Pants

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
If you weren't rockin' the stretch pants in the '80s, you weren't a "real" skier. I still have a pair of my old CB stretch pants. Tried to get in them for a retro day a number of years back and busted the zipper. Aging sucks. I applaud your ability to maintain the same proportions for this long!

I simply purchased the exact same pair of Roffes on ebay in a larger size! (I actually broke the zipper on my high school Roffes when I returned from college, ah the freshman 10... actually it was the sophomore 10, but who's counting.)

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
Didn’t know stretch pants were an old trend. I have been wearing soft shell pants by TNF for the last decade and Patagonia has stretchable H2No pants too. All my ski pants are stretchable.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Didn’t know stretch pants were an old trend. I have been wearing soft shell pants by TNF for the last decade and Patagonia has stretchable H2No pants too. All my ski pants are stretchable.

I think it's more the cut than anything -- the old form-fitting wool ones versus today's soft shell. I have a few recent pairs of soft shell, and they are lovely. My OR ones are baggier than any hard shell pants I have, too....

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
I think it's more the cut than anything -- the old form-fitting wool ones versus today's soft shell. I have a few recent pairs of soft shell, and they are lovely. My OR ones are baggier than any hard shell pants I have, too....
Oh!!!! Form fitting stretch pants! I get it now...

TS
martyg

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider

Decade? Oh young grasshopper. Hope that you are well.

FlyingAce

Out on the slopes
Skier
Decade? Oh young grasshopper. Hope that you are well.
We are well - hubby covering covid now but surviving. I am in Taos staying away from him. Hope you are well too! Still planning to come to TSV this year?

Sponsor

Staff online