• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Stretch Pants

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
There is a definate trend towards retro with colors ways and some silhouettes. Has anyone seen a brand offering stretch pants?

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We have seen it starting to come in with premium brands like Rossignol and Schoeller. I would have expected to see more of it this year in Denver.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Fitting into my old stretch pants would be like a seen from one of those Lifetime movies where people try to fit into their jeans from high school :mask:

TS
martyg

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
We have seen it starting to come in with premium brands like Rossignol and Schoeller. I would have expected to see more of it this year in Denver.

Schoeller has moved beyond being a supplier? Good for them.

TS
martyg

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Fitting into my old stretch pants would be like a seen from one of those Lifetime movies where people try to fit into their jeans from high school :mask:

60 years old and still rocking the same proportions as in my late 20's, post anorexic, competitive cycling career. I need a compliment to my Dale of Norway sweaters, and Wanye Wong sunglasses.

Stretch pants seemed to be one of those elements that made skiing cool back in The Day.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Bring back padded sweaters too please. I had one with neoprene back brace support built in that was amazing. Had to exhale to zip it but really made a difference on a long ski day.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

I noticed these just yesterday.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
@SBrown soft shell pants like those are so much nicer to wear than the old skin tights in the day. Knew guys that would wear pantyhose to get a tighter fit than thermals, this child was not one of them.

Inside the boot pants should be outlawed! They were just a very bad idea.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Plenty of stretch pants out there. The question is what kind of fabric are you looking for?
Waterproof breathable shell? Stretch woven softshell? Fleecy membrane softshell? Men’s? Womens?

Edit, I read your second post, that you were looking for retro style. I was thinking solely on fabric performance. I not qualified to answer style questions.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
60 years old and still rocking the same proportions as in my late 20's, post anorexic, competitive cycling career. I need a compliment to my Dale of Norway sweaters, and Wanye Wong sunglasses.

Stretch pants seemed to be one of those elements that made skiing cool back in The Day.

If you weren't rockin' the stretch pants in the '80s, you weren't a "real" skier. I still have a pair of my old CB stretch pants. Tried to get in them for a retro day a number of years back and busted the zipper. Aging sucks. I applaud your ability to maintain the same proportions for this long!

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If you weren't rockin' the stretch pants in the '80s, you weren't a "real" skier. I still have a pair of my old CB stretch pants. Tried to get in them for a retro day a number of years back and busted the zipper. Aging sucks. I applaud your ability to maintain the same proportions for this long!

Often it's best to let sleeping dogs lie. :ogcool:

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I still have a pair of my old Schoeller stretch pants. I much prefer the stretch soft-shell pants of today! They are more comfortable and designed to go over your boots!

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Often it's best to let sleeping dogs lie. :ogcool:
My knees thank you Mr Grump;)

I have a lot of various weight running tights, my #1 priority is how stretchy comfortable they'll fit around my knees. Tight not stretchy tugging the knees when bent is an immediate no go.
I'm not ready to endure that frustrating search with Stretch Ski Pants.
Plus we'd have to get stretch jackets or else the stretch pants would look ridiculous with our big boxy shells. I don't need to go back in time to the boy racer look and freezing my butt off on the chairlift.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
My knees thank you Mr Grump;)

I have a lot of various weight running tights, my #1 priority is how stretchy comfortable they'll fit around my knees. Tight not stretchy tugging the knees when bent is an immediate no go.
I'm not ready to endure that frustrating search with Stretch Ski Pants.
Plus we'd have to get stretch jackets or else the stretch pants would look ridiculous with our big boxy shells. I don't need to go back in time to the boy racer look and freezing my butt off on the chairlift.

I don't recall wearing many jackets at all in the '80s. It was totally the fashion over function scene. I just wore multiple layers of sweaters and pull-overs; most with some kind of padding on the shoulders and/or elbows to make sure everyone knew I was a cool skier. ;)

TS
martyg

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
It was totally the fashion over function scene.

Yeah. But I felt so much more pimp back then. Maybe I'm just a jaded old 'effer. Damn Kids! Stay off my lawn!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've posted in other threads over the years, that I -- and my knees -- would kill to have a pair of my old Colmar (and another brand that eludes me at the moment) stretch pants!

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I've posted in other threads over the years, that I -- and my knees -- would kill to have a pair of my old Colmar (and another brand that eludes me at the moment) stretch pants!
Will Roffe do? They are cheap on ebay.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I always thought with age comes wisdom. Guess not always.

Sponsor

Staff online