• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski cargo box

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
We use a Yakima Skybox LoPro with Wispbar loadbars on our 16 Forester. Still fits in the garage no problem.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
This is the Yakima Skybox LoPro on our Forester.

B9F97C3F-603B-4323-9393-FA1E7F6F55F5.jpeg

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Shop used.

When REI had a 100% satisfaction guarantee people used to "rent" these from REI, Then "return" after their trip. REI had a warehouse full of them that were liquidated yearly.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Shop used.

When REI had a 100% satisfaction guarantee people used to "rent" these from REI, Then "return" after their trip. REI had a warehouse full of them that were liquidated yearly.
And that's part of the reason a lot of places stopped doing guarantees like that. In other words, That's why we can't have nice things!

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Inno makes some nice looking boxes. I have their bars on my truck with a Thule box. I saw one of their wedge series on an Audi or other nice looking wagon. It is very low profile. If you only need to haul a few pair of skis it would work really well.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hit them once, it’s a learning curve, hit them twice, well.....someone’s a little dense.

Just say’n.

And screw my friends and family that don't regularly ride in my car!

Just say'n. ;)

Plus, dead tennis balls are worthless, so I am told that using them on rack ends qualifies for the new, virtue signalling term of "upcycling".

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

Just say'n. ;)

Plus, dead tennis balls are worthless, so I am told that using them on rack ends qualifies for the new, virtue signalling term of "upcycling".

It's not upcycling unless you glaze them with several colour coats of lacquer, varnish them for durability and get interior designers to ooh and ah over them and how much they accent the negative space between the bars :P

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Just say'n. ;)

Doesn’t that prove the point. :rolleyes:. Give you something to talk about riding to the concussion clinic. ;)

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's not upcycling unless you glaze them with several colour coats of lacquer, varnish them for durability and get interior designers to ooh and ah over them and how much they accent the negative space between the bars :P

Preach!

Back in our (much) younger years, we had a VW Jetta that had bomber rack attachments, but they were kind of narrow.

By the time we got bars wide enough to hold four sailboards, a sail quiver bag, two masts, and two road bikes, it looked kinda silly, but it worked great for two years, and fit our budget.

That was during a short period where VW offered two year, unlimited mileage warranties. We basically parked our other car, and rolled up 49,000 miles on the Jetta -- without one single warranty claim. :golfclap:

Sponsor

Staff online