• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
E

EpicSkier14

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Then you have high arches and a high instep.

For example: I have a high instep and normal arches. Some people with high arches have a normal instep. It depends on the volume of the foot.

I must really have a weird shape foot and leg for ski boots :doh:

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
I have a high instep, so have been down this path. I would look at a Lange - very high instep. And since you mentioned narrow - prolly an RS or RX LV. Or the Krypton 130, if you want a cabrio style boot.

Oh and a bootfitter that has them all on their wall at the same time

TS
E

EpicSkier14

Skier
Last edited:

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Cool, thank you. I'll look at lange's. is there an alternative to the krypton 130 that's closer to a 100 flex?

You can get softer tongues for the kryptons which will soften the flex.

TS
E

EpicSkier14

Skier
I think I might go for those Krypton 110's. They are stiffer than I'm used too, but I guess I could change the tongue out if I cant handle it.

Last edited:

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
After spending hundreds on a new boot and more for custom fitting not everyone would have the funds or motivation to go through the process again. We don't squabble about money in our household but with two young kids I would feel uncomfortable dropping another $1,000 on a pair of boots.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Yes, the salomons were fitted by a shop and heat molded. they still hurt too much though. I'm thinking the liner is to high up on my calf or something. I got the same pain with a pair of Xpros.

Does it hurt on the back of your calf? Also, there are bootfitters in ME

TS
E

EpicSkier14

Skier
I got the Dalbello Krypton 110 ID off backcountry.com. They will be here Thursday. hopefully they work.

Pattyskis

Skier
Hi did you find a suitable boot? I have a very high instep, high arch , very thin above ankle and also thin calves and have not found any boot off the shelf to suit despite being fitted by several renowned boot fitters. I am thinking that I may have to go for a DaleBoot to enable a custom build.

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
Hi did you find a suitable boot? I have a very high instep, high arch , very thin above ankle and also thin calves and have not found any boot off the shelf to suit despite being fitted by several renowned boot fitters. I am thinking that I may have to go for a DaleBoot to enable a custom build.
That's my feet. I'm happy in a Lange RX with the 100mm last. I punch the shell over the navicular, and cut the top layer of the tongue above the cuniform bump. I've never had a boot that didn't need the punch, and most of them needed the tongue cut too.

dm

ted

Getting off the lift
Skier
Hawx Ultra has high instep an narrow shaft. Not easy on/off though with high instep.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Daleboot. Custom made for your foot, ankle & lower leg so the fit is perfect! The cost is the same as any other top end boot.

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
I recall Phil posting that the way to fit a high instep can be to take some material off the boot board. Instead of raising the inside of the boot, lower the foot. This needs to be done very gradually, a millimeter at a time. It will be a package fitting working with several boot parts, and this might be just one component. You usually can't change just one thing.

Sponsor

Staff online