• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
B254628F-A202-4832-8203-C99BAC4DF270.png
Augment=wow! I skied the 77 today in a 159. This ski is full camber, skis like a knife through butter!

HardDaysNight

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Powder 7, a mega ski shop in Golden, CO, does a really nice job of reviewing the new skis and boots from OR/SIA. In their review of Head ski products, they mention what appears to an amped-up version of the "e" (not i) Supershape Rally called the Prestige. I'm thinking that it's the same type of thing as the Elan Ripsticks getting the Black Edition. If I'm not mistaken, the ski, 78 mm under foot, is totally black. As the owner of three pair of Head skis (one of which is the Rally - yes, the ones with the tips that are just waiting for the optimal moment to kill the rider), I am especially interested in any and all information about this ski. Did anyone demo it? Thanks!
I skied it this afternoon. 170 length, 14m odd radius. We had a couple inches of fresh overnight that had been groomed in on some runs and had given way to a very light, chopped crud on others. I was on a variety of FIS spec slalom skis in the am for comparison. The Heads had a good 0.75/3 tune on them.
Initially I didn’t think these skis were anything special. A bit clunky edge to edge and not terribly lively. As I ramped them up on steeper terrain they kicked in quite a bit and came to life with some speed and edge angle. Rewarded a good forward driving style with plenty of pressure on the outside ski. Not a ski to dawdle on and not for lower level skiers. The light crud was unnoticeable but wouldn’t have been an issue on any ski really.

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was able to Demo the new Bonefides and Explorer 100s yesterday and I was amazed with both of them. I am not an experienced tester so I was wondering if anyone can compare and contrast these. I took them on the same variable condition test runs and both were excellent. Appreciate any thoughts on these as one of them just has to be my daily work ski next season!

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 93399 Augment=wow! I skied the 77 today in a 159. This ski is full camber, skis like a knife through butter!

Not doubting your review.. I’m sure they live up to the Pug recommendation.....but telling by your picture and snow conditions...a 2x4 would ski like a knife through butter on that surface....that would make any ski you were testing the “best ever”. Good stuff.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Not doubting your review.. I’m sure they live up to the Pug recommendation.....but telling by your picture and snow conditions...a 2x4 would ski like a knife through butter on that surface....that would make any ski you were testing the “best ever”. Good stuff.

Except that hero snow is the norm in Utah and some butter knives are better than others and register as such almost instantly regardless of the butter quality. OTOH if you are skiing in PA you might want a steak knife. :ogbiggrin:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
New JSkis coming for next year to replace The Metal. Supposed to be more damp than an Enforcer but still easy to ski.

“Hotshot is replacing The Metal for next season. It takes what we love about The Metal's split personality to carve, charge and surf but beefs it up increasing edge hold underfoot and making it way easier to surf in deep snow (very similar to the improvements we made to The Friend two seasons ago that landed it as Ski of the Year in Powder & Freeskier). We're calling it The Hotshot because this is the ski you'd use showing off - purebread freeride goodness.

Name = The Hotshot
Lengths = 177, 183, 189cm (likely adding a 170cm after the first year)
Dimensions = 134 / 106 / 124
Radius = 18m @ 183cm
Weight = 2,300g @ 183cm
Mount = -7.5(ish, still dialing that in)
Price = $699

**Forgot to add it will still be utilizing the two narrow sheets of titanal that's used on the current Metal and Masterblaster.”

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ looking at the link above for the Ranger series, are the upcoming 94 / 102 FR just NGT or is there a build difference from the current FR 94 / 102 that are nicely discounted now ? Also, are the women’s version just a different coloured top sheet, or a women’s-specific build ?

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
NGT

My understanding is that the different colors are just different colors and are just a part of each size run. So for example, the purpley 94 would just be in the shorter sizes.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
^^^ looking at the link above for the Ranger series, are the upcoming 94 / 102 FR just NGT or is there a build difference from the current FR 94 / 102 that are nicely discounted now ? Also, are the women’s version just a different coloured top sheet, or a women’s-specific build ?

No construction changes and deals on this years topsheets. Saw $360 US for the 94FR and $420 US for the 102FR at Utah Ski Gear.

Sponsor