• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Real ID ACT PSA

E221b

New Yorker Dreaming of the Mountains
Skier
Yeah dude, I crossed the border at Champlain, NY many times.

And a passport card/EDL is good for sea travel to Canada/Mexico/Caribbean, so the Atlantic Ocean does count. It's just not valid for air travel.

Well I’m just getting totally schooled here, huh? ogwink It’s good to be humbled every now and then I suppose!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I came to learn about this when I renewed my drivers license the last time. It was an option to get the enhanced drivers license. I just got a regular one because I have a passport and didn't feel like going through all the requirements for a drivers license when I have to go through such things to obtain my passport. I also travel with my passport even domestically as boarding passes fit very nicely in the book and this way I don't have to take my drivers license out of my wallet. My license is good until 2022 but it seems everyone will be required to have a verified license in 2020. I hope to avoid doing this as long as I can. It seems silly to me to have to do this if one already has a passport but I don't make the rules.

Sponsor

Staff online