• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Question about the Salomon QST 92

TS
Teppaz

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I ski it in that length and am just fine on it.
I agree with @Lauren that the QST was a little more flappable than the Rallybird.
Keep in mind that the Rallybird and Sender have same construction, so if you find the right size in one over the other don't hesitate.

Another side note, When the Sender is listed in one length and the Rallybird is a different length (usually within a cm or two) they are actually the same length. Rossignol has a strategy of trying to differentiate the gender specific skis with different lengths even though they're the same.
Yeah, I noticed there's a bit of wiggle room when you look at the length: the Rallybird 92 in the 170 length is listed with a waist of 94. Selling the 99 to help buy something a little slender might be the ticket for me. Of course if I could bring more than one pair of skis on my trips, it'd be a different conversation, but I have to be realistic in terms of likely use.

If I was casting a wider net in terms of brands, what other 93-94 skis should I look at now that you have a pretty good idea of what I'm looking for (something nimble for moguls but that won't flap around on groomers)?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'mm headed out to ski. Will circle back this afternoon.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If I was casting a wider net in terms of brands, what other 93-94 skis should I look at now that you have a pretty good idea of what I'm looking for (something nimble for moguls but that won't flap around on groomers)?
Fischer Ranger is incredibly good in this area.
I've spent a ton of time on the Fischer Ranger 90,
2023 Fischer Ranger 90 WS
But I also skied the 96 at a ski test and really enjoyed it.
It has a nice balance between the dampness of the Salomon and the power of the Rossignol.
2023 Fischer Ranger 96

TS
Teppaz

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Fischer Ranger is incredibly good in this area.
I've spent a ton of time on the Fischer Ranger 90,
2023 Fischer Ranger 90 WS
But I also skied the 96 at a ski test and really enjoyed it.
It has a nice balance between the dampness of the Salomon and the power of the Rossignol.
2023 Fischer Ranger 96
Interesting, I would not have thought of that — I’ve never skied Fischer. Don’t you think the 90 would be a little too close to my Rossi 86s, and the 96 to the 99? I need to see if I can demo on one of my trips — not sure I’d buy entirely blind, whereas I’d buy a Rallybird or Salomon without testing, being more a bit familiar with those brands.

TS
Teppaz

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I hear you, and I do have a wheeled double ski bag, but I put my clothes in it as well as one pair of skis. With two pairs of skis I'd have to check in another bag for my clothes, and those fees add up. Plus the weight becomes unwieldy with two pairs of skis — especially as I tend to travel alone and getting to the airport from my Brooklyn home is a real pain.

I love this forum and everybody on it, I really do — we all love skiing and folks here are super supportive and helpful. But sometimes I feel people can lose sight of practical issues that are very real for a lot of us, like a budget that does not allow for an unlimited quiver or the realities of travel when flying and/or not owning a car.

Sponsor

Staff online