• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Trader Joe's has been giving away free paper bags because you can't bring in your reusable ones.

Today they implemented a new policy. You still can't bring in your own bags AND you have to pay 10¢ for each paper bag. It's a small thing, but there were a lot of grumpy people exiting Trader Joe's today.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
106715943_10158315234108911_5884724418386138638_n.jpg

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I find rubbing them between my fingers quickly works... or a couple of times I've had a wipe or hand sanitizer handy to wet my fingers a bit.

How do you buy certain produce if they don't have bags? Like, how would I buy several plums? Just pile them loose in my cart?
Or you can wet your fingers on the produce. They water a lot of the veggies. I grab a bunch of bags and then head to cilantro bin. Wet my fingers on the bunch of cilantro I am buying. Stick that bunch in my cart and keep wetting my fingers until all my bags are open, then bag the cilantro and shop. The trick is to find what produce is still wet that you need to purchase anyway. I am always buying either cilantro or parsley and they are always wet.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
You need to know where to start separating them, in the area where the handles meet the main body of the bag.
No the ones in USA are designed to make you want to kill your neighbor.

Neat... I've never seen those. Ours are always like this... very thin and tightly rolled... just rectangles - no handles.

View attachment 105785
There is a special place in hell for the person who invented these bags ... right next to the place in hell for the one who invented the DVD plastic wrap ... remember that?

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Trader Joe's has been giving away free paper bags because you can't bring in your reusable ones.

Today they implemented a new policy. You still can't bring in your own bags AND you have to pay 10¢ for each paper bag. It's a small thing, but there were a lot of grumpy people exiting Trader Joe's today.

I've been telling checkers just dump all the stuff back in the cart, I've got bags in the car. They are happy to oblige to not have to bag anything up and gets me out a couple minutes faster. (assuming you are at a supermarket with carts and a parking lot).

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I've been telling checkers just dump all the stuff back in the cart, I've got bags in the car. They are happy to oblige to not have to bag anything up and gets me out a couple minutes faster. (assuming you are at a supermarket with carts and a parking lot).

We have those two-compartment bin things, about one cubic foot per compartment. Maybe a little more? It's amazing what you can stuff in there. If anyone's worried about stuff rolling around without bags, these bins are an excellent choice.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January