• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
The king wanted to go fishing, and he asked the royal weather forecaster the forecast for the next few hours.

The palace meteorologist assured him that there was no chance of rain. So the King and the Queen went fishing. On the way he met a man with a fishing pole riding on a donkey, and he asked the man if the fish were biting.

The fisherman said, "Your Majesty, you should return to the palace! In just a short time I expect a huge rain storm."
The King replied: "I hold the palace meteorologist in high regard. He is an educated and experienced professional. Besides, I pay him very high wages. He gave me a very different forecast. I trust him."
So the King continued on his way. However, in a short time a torrential rain fell from the sky.
The King and Queen were totally soaked. Furious, the King returned to the palace and gave the order to fire the meteorologist.
Then he summoned the fisherman and offered him the prestigious position of royal forecaster.
The fisherman said, "Your Majesty, I do not know anything about forecasting. I obtain my information from my donkey. If I see my donkey's ears drooping, it means with certainty that it will rain."
So the King hired the donkey.
And thus began the practice of hiring dumb asses to work in influential positions of government.
The practice is unbroken to this date

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
Doctor.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Since we seem to have a bunch of software folks around here...

View attachment 102919
Mouseover text: The worst is when you run out of monospaced fonts and have to use variable-width variables

Reminds me of when I first heard about Python. "Uh, Makefiles should have taught us that syntactically meaningful whitespace is a bad idea." Sigh.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I am soooo glad to be out of the programming.

Totally not apropos of that remark...

content_image_5ec25c16a1053.gif

Those are some mad skills.

And this one is nicely entertaining...

I'm not really sure of the measurement of the length of a bike (2 bike lengths = 6 feet???), but it still made me chuckle.

Last edited:

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I am soooo glad to be out of the programming.

Totally not apropos of that remark...

View attachment 102925
Those are some mad skills.

And this one is nicely entertaining...

I'm not really sure of the measurement of the length of a bike (2 bike lengths = 6 feet???), but it still made me chuckle.
If you can fist bump with outstretched arms you are too close, if you can just finger tip touch you are at about 6ft +/-, if you can be punched in the nose your are definitely too close :ogbiggrin:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
if you can just finger tip touch you are at about 6ft +/-

Spoken like someone who's neither short nor female! My fingertips hang at about mid-thigh level, and I just measured my arm to fingertips at about two feet.

Maybe this is the explanation for the number of people I see who are standing way too close to each other while reflexively pulling up their masks, which keep slipping down below their noses, so that they are both exposing their germs AND touching their faces.

Sponsor

Staff online