• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Norrona shells...

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Those of you out there that enjoy the premium brands, how does Norrona stack up? I've been trying to find a Lofoten Gore-Tex Pro Plus in a black mens large since last year. Seems like they're the Arcteryx of Europe. Do they compete? Or is this just another overpriced brand that got a reputation and has been gutting their warranty/value in order to maximize profit?

dusty

Getting on the lift
Skier
Super high quality with a fit focus on tall and thin. My only gripe with Norrona is their zippers could be one or two steps up.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
On par with Arc. Fits me a bit better also.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Norrona is not a poser brand, been around for a while and a pretty deep product line. The Lofoten series is on the slimmer fit.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Had a an Arcteryx Rush jacked for several years. Lost some weight and needed something smaller and picked up a Lofoten Pro Plus shell at the beginning of this season and am very happy with it. Quality is at least on par with the Rush and I’d say a little better. I haven’t had it long enough to say how it will hold up but I expect that it will. My Rush jacket has held up great and I probably would have gotten another but even a size down seemed too baggy on me. I don’t recall seeing the Pro Plus in black, just olive and bright green. Price wise they are very expensive but it does seem like you can find deals. I think I got mine for around 30% off. They also have an outlet website. Think you have to sign up for it in their webpage.

Kindbuzz

Booting up
Skier
I have the pant version and could be the most comfortable pants I’ve skied in quite a while with quality too Match

my only comment in the pants is the dwr is not the strongest but that could be due to recent swathes to less pollutant formulas… it sure on that but on sale i Am very pleased with the Norrona purchase

Kindbuzz

Booting up
Skier
Sorry about the typos, I’m not getting an edit icon despite being signed in

TS
J

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Good to know guys, thank you! I managed to find someone selling a Lofoten Pro-Plus jacket but I don't think it's going to fit me based on all your comments. I'm going to need a Large. BAH!

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Good to know guys, thank you! I managed to find someone selling a Lofoten Pro-Plus jacket but I don't think it's going to fit me based on all your comments. I'm going to need a Large. BAH!
For what it's worth, I'm 6'1" and 195lbs and wear a large in pretty much everything. The large Lofoten fits me well too.

TS
J

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
For what it's worth, I'm 6'1" and 195lbs and wear a large in pretty much everything. The large Lofoten fits me well too.
Yeah, that pretty much seals it. I'm 5'11" 200lbs, 40" chest. Pretty sure the Med will be too tight to layer properly.

I've noticed that not a lot of US shops carry Norrona. Probably too expensive or importing makes it problematic. Its a bummer because there's really no where to try these suckers on.

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ the Norrona flagship store in NYC ... still a long way from Maine though

TS
J

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
PSA: If you order from Campsaver or OpticsPlanet and the item is "ON BACKORDER" but it still allows you to process the purchase. You're not getting that order completed...

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
ordering from campsaver is a crapshoot. I've ordered maybe 20 orders from them, I would say 30-40% of them are never fulfilled.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
PSA: If you order from Campsaver or OpticsPlanet and the item is "ON BACKORDER" but it still allows you to process the purchase. You're not getting that order completed...
Sticking my nose in…. You might try calling the NYC store directly- they might have what you want and ship.

Rod MacDonald

Getting off the lift
Skier

TS
J

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
I cannot for the life of me find a damn Lofoten Gore-Tex Pro Plus shell out there. I've had two orders canceled due to lack of supply. Kudo's to Norrona, they obviously absolutely NAILED their supply/demand curve for the 23/24 season.

If anyone comes across a Large or XLarge (in black or olive) hit me with a PM!

Lilledonmarco

Booting up
Skier
Have their Lofoten Gore-Tex Pro Plus pants for the past 10 seasons. Still going very strong. Some serious kit, but the price tag reflects that

Sponsor