• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

NHL 2018-2019

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Might as well start a new thread for a new season. Go Blackhawks!

Thought this was funny though.

43770556_2182066888782636_7895649559483777024_n.jpg

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Well, the Pens beat the Caps last wednesday 7-6 in OT then lost to good looking Haps team, what was it, 5-1? Murray is out with a concussion but sure looked leaky albeit with a poor defense in front. A defense so bad that Matta might be a healthy scratch tonight and a rookie blue liner, whose name I can't recall and couldn't pronounce anyways, will move up to the 1st line pairing. Only 2 games but still gives me pause to worry about the D and Murray going forward. Murray has not looked sharp, weak high glove side. I still think that Fleury is the better goalie. Matt did win 2 cups but he didn't do it alone. Murray came in late in the first year of back to back and was out early through the beginning of the playoffs in the second year.

Highlight of the season, Tom Hanks was in the house during the Caps game. He is in town filming a Mr. Rogers pic. The scoreboard showed a clip of Tom in Castaway lamenting the loss of his volleyball buddy....Wilson!!! Wilson!!! :roflmao:20 games is a good start for the very skilled goon. This master of cheap shots took out Oskar Sundqvist with a blindside hit to the head in a preseason game! The guy is worse than Matt Cooke. At least Cooke began to clean up his game towards the end of his time with the Pens. We will see if the loss of over a million bucks will change the hitman.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Game has changed..Wilson is not playing nice... That's gonna hurt but he's not a quick-learner.

Lafs finally look decent. Tough D still..but scoring huge. I've given up cable TV so I won't get to watch many games. More time for me to actually play maybe.. :huh:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh nice... a thread the Pittsburgh fans can take over and make all about them. :D

I'll help...

LET'S GO PENS! LET'S GO PENS! LET'S GO PENS! LET'S GO PENS! LET'S GO PENS! LET'S GO PENS!

e5b43a09748ae219557432fb3a789c27--lets-go-pens.jpg

upload_2018-10-11_21-25-17.jpeg

images

And this... just because it made me snicker...

everyones-all-lets-go-pens-lets-go-bucs-im-just-over-here-like-lets-go-snacks--6668a.png

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
hmm. Do I report for spam. :)

No cable, but I do have youtube tv. Plus reddit shows all the free streams. College hockey starts this weekend too, so lots of hockey to watch.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Not sure how the Blackhawks blew that one. That really sucked.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
No cable here but I subscribe to NHL Game Center so I can watch... The PENGUINS!

Pittsburgh born and raised. I’m watching Pens @ Canucks right now.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
No cable here but I subscribe to NHL Game Center so I can watch... The PENGUINS!

Pittsburgh born and raised. I’m watching Pens @ Canucks right now.
How about that OT goal from Sid the kid the other night!?!? Left the goalie stunned

I go with a sling box hooked up to a cable box in a spare beadroom at my parents house in da Burg. Slings through the I pad to my Apple TV. Get all the pens games and steeler games along with Pittsburgh cable chanels. Kind of funny to sit here in Tahoe and watch local commercials from #1 Cochren and Attorney Edgar Schneider

Last edited:

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ha!!! My wife and I make Edgar Snyder jokes! She is a Utahn and still marvels at Bob Errey’s unique mix of Canadian and Pittsburghese, “Aboot, n’at.”
On the Pittsburgh feed we used to get all of the Pittsburgh ads while watching hockey but no longer. I miss them but still get to marvel at Sid and that’s what’s important. The OT goal in EDM was so sick.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Malkin is the most unnoticed superstar in sports.. The guy is money.

Malkin has been on fire and Crosby finally lite it up too. Kessel has been great and Letang looks like he is back too. Murray found his old form. The season is very young and the Pens are playing well. Back east again to see the Islanders and the Caps with the Leafs sandwiched in. Lets see if they can keep it rolling.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
Pens might do really well this year if they can start beating the lousy teams. 2 points total in 4 games vs. MTL and NYI isn’t optimal.
Mc David had a nice goal the other night where he blew by Suter. No way a guy that big should have that burst and speed.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Blackhawks fired Quenneville fired yesterday and missed the Kings have a new coach too.

Time for the Hawks to get better.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I'll say! I guess there is only so much adrenaline, so much momentum,
Classic really.
Yeah exactly. I mean, they got there last year.. But..confidence and momentum in hockey are funny things. They lost Neal..Karlsson played out of his mind..there's the hangover effect from going to the final..lots of stuff. I think they're still a decent team with a good coach, just maybe a bit of a letdown and reversion to the mean to happen.

Sponsor

Staff online