• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Paul Lorenz

Booting up
Skier
Hi Guys,

I'm excited to announce a new high level instructional video coming 15 December from Projected Productions. I know this isn't a forum for advertising but thought members might be interested! I'm just stoked to be involved with my 2 skiing idols :) Thanks I hope you can help us spread the word:

Thank you.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
What is the purpose of the stem christie-like move at the very beginning of the video?

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
What is the purpose of the stem christie-like move at the very beginning of the video?

Marketing hook? 'Cause now we have to buy the vid to find out.

Although... if Richard Berger reckons it's a useful drill for short turns then bring it on.

My only beef is that Dec 15th seems a long time away in an age of instant gratification.:(

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
A stem-step like what Richie does at the start of that video gets you to initiate the turn from the big toe edge of the old outside/new inside ski. You lift the old inside ski/new outside ski while continuing the old turn on the BTE of the old outside ski.

Then you have to get your CoM to cross over that stance ski. This will roll it onto its new edge and start the new turn. It's like a white pass turn. With one ski lifted, you can't push yourself across the skis. You need to shorten that inside stance leg to place the new outside ski down in a wedge, and this flexion releases the BTE and allows the body to cross. This all happens as one unit when things go well.

Additionally, when your weight goes to the outside ski, it takes over and shortens the turn because of its angle to the direction of travel of the other ski. There are tactical reasons to do this sometimes.

I have a trainer that frequently has my group doing it as a drill - at speed - on a pitch - with medium and short radius turns. The reason given is that the movement needed to get it to work is the right movement to start a turn.

In other words, the goal is to shorten the new inside leg to get the body to cross over the skis and to get them onto the new edge. The stem step requires a flexion release, which clearly is a big deal for Richie Berger.

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I know. IMO, the OP would be better if it was actionable, like with a Buy Now button :)

But then all you guys would lose interest and disappear. Thread goes dead.
With a little anticipation, he got you guys talking about it. Drumming up more interest. Doing the sales job for him.

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
With a little anticipation, he got you guys talking about it. Drumming up more interest. Doing the sales job for him.

Remind me of that on Dec 15 :)

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier

A buy now button would allow pre-order. And we wouldn't need the calendar app to remind us - the product would just turn up in the in-box.

Besides other posters may spill all the secret squirrel stuff before the vid arrives. (BTW good briefing @LiquidFeet .)

@karlo Not to worry - pretty sure it will be a good vid based on the other Projected material. Something to re-watch whilst waiting.:popcorn::coffee:

One thing I'd really like to see from Projected is some tutorials on bump skiing.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
In the mean time, if the wait is intolerable, one can always buy a video from their past year offering.

Project Kitz

That should tie most over until Dec 15. Things couldn't have changed that much.

Bump skiing wise. Nothing will ever replace the hands on instruction of a bump camp and/or ski week. Usually not just one but many.
There are many different types of bumps. Different way to ski them. Most important, one must know oneself and one's limitations.
Rather than one and done. It's more of a journey to be enjoyed.

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
Already have Kitz and Zillertal. Also seen all of the How to Ski episodes. All worth watching multiple times. And that still leaves Hinterlux which I'm yet to purchase.
(There's some overlap between the Projects and the How to Ski series however each is worth watching in their own right.)

I like the style of their material. Great exponents of instructional skiing letting the viewer know what they are actively thinking about and trying to achieve in the task at the time (long or short turns). And then demos/explanations of some of the drills they find useful. We may never get to ski or workshop with these folk but at least we get some insights.

On bumps...workshops and vids are not mutually exclusive. The Projected crew are some of the world's best in (for want of a better term) "instructor style" bump skiing. A Projected style view of their bump skiing would be very informative as it is the big thing missing from their portfolio.

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
Another strong vid with great tips from the Projected Productions team. Exclusive focus on short turns in this Part 1 release. There's some really interesting pointers that I'm looking forward to trying out on snow.

At this point a $10 monthly fee provides unlimited viewing access to all of the PP stuff including this brand new item.

Looking forward to Legacy Part 2 on long turns.

@Paul Lorenz - are PP going to do a bumps vid any time soon? Be great if it could happen before I grow too old. :)

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
At this point a $10 monthly fee provides unlimited viewing access to all of the PP

I was struggling to see the options, says ‘as low as...$9.99...’ but what are the options?

thanks in advance!

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
I was struggling to see the options, says ‘as low as...$9.99...’ but what are the options?

thanks in advance!

On the PP home page...
1. Scroll down to section "All Access Video Pass" with one of the orange 'twins' cutting loose in the background
2. Click on the "Subscribe $9.99/mo" link (or whatever the amount is in your local currency).
3. This will take you to a new page with some warning about not attempting to buy individual titles.... (I assume the warning will go away once they fix whatever glitch it was...)
4. Put cursor over any of the vid titles thumbnails and then on the $ icon- click that.
5. Should go to a subscription sign-in/sign-up lightbox and proceed from there.

The one subscription provides access to everything. So disconnect Netflix/HBO and binge PP instead.

Mike-AT

Booting up
Skier
Great video! I was hoping for a little bit more Richard Berger airtime (I think its approx 20 mins), but still it's a great video that I enjoyed a lot.

Sponsor