• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

For Sale New Elan M777 skis (176cm)

James

Out There
Instructor
What about my m999s? They've been the "never enough snow around here to use" stuck in the back of the closet since 2012 ski.
If you ski the 999's switch you'll hear voices...
It's the Angel ski. You'll be involved in some sort of helping/rescue. Also good for "my first cliff drop", but it should be very small.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Oh, no. Bad memories. The MO2 is the ski I was on when I severely injured my right leg. Spiral segmented fracture of the tibia, fibula, and medial side of my ankle.

Obviously an inferior ski!................................. ;-)

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Still ski a pair of these in 192s from time to time. Fun for fast cruising on the big length and good in open bowls once the pow is gone.

Last edited:

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
so... i have this 25 yo daughter who is an ambitious intermediate. 5'10", 160 lbs. she is also in grad school and probably only skis less than a week total per year, generally east coast, but west is only a flight away. what do you think - would this work for her, or be too much for her case? This ski is an interesting find.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
She's the right size, about, but is she the right mindset? These are for people who think a GS turn should work on all terrain.

Not really a rewarding ski for anyone who wants to smear, drift or pivot without old school body language. The 888s Noodler had would be a better fit for most 1wk/year skiers who don't have an arsenal of tactics for varied terrain.

Last edited:

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks. I was looking for an excuse here but sounds like not quite it. OP - keep these for a couple more years I might come back for it :)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Still ski a pair of these in 192s from time to time. Fun for fast cruising on the big length and good in open bowls once the pow is gone.
Me too. Superb at busting crud and mashed tater bumps

James

Out There
Instructor
Was the 666 in green too?
I believe I rented that and the 777 in Aspen one year. I greatly preferred the 666, but who knows, could’ve been a mount issue. Like Stockli of the day, mounted too aft.
“Waiting for the turn...” by the alt.Doors

TS
Noodler

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Was the 666 in green too?
I believe I rented that and the 777 in Aspen one year. I greatly preferred the 666, but who knows, could’ve been a mount issue. Like Stöckli of the day, mounted too aft.
“Waiting for the turn...” by the alt.Doors

The M666 was mostly black with some green accents.

HI4Egv2chDRU_X7we1834ExZLykanzq5TvbgJtpjcUHtxqKhXZun4K7wxIHhTtOUOreHYEvfsvIm3n8sLA

James

Out There
Instructor
Sweet 21 meter radius! No Amphibio! Rocker? Bah! Embrace the engagement.
Feel the joy as you blow past and scoff at your obsessively short turning friends.

TS
Noodler

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Sweet 21 meter radius! No Amphibio! Rocker? Bah! Embrace the engagement.
Feel the joy as you blow past and scoff at your obsessively short turning friends.

Hmmm, you are kind of making a point that these are indeed quite rare skis these days. I don't think you can find a non-rocker ski at this width anymore.

jsshiko

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Here's another classic ski that is still well regarded to this day. This is the Elan M777 in 176cm length. Published sidecut of 21.4m (117 - 87 - 107). Asking price is $250 + actual shipping to your destination.

Holiday Special: $150 + shipping !

Maybe some of you remember the reviews of this ski originally posted by @dawgcatching (Scott G.). This was one of those skis that really started to provide Elan with increased popularity and exposure. It's a ski with 2 layers of metal, quite stable, a very approachable flex pattern, and handles the entire mountain surprisingly with ease even at its somewhat narrower width. If any of you remember the old EpicSki video from Snowbird ESA in 2006, there was a clip of me skiing about 1.5' of powder on these skis (I had another pair). I also loved these skis in moguls as they weren't too turny and made pounding moguls a lot of fun.

View attachment 86648 View attachment 86649 View attachment 86650 View attachment 86651 View attachment 86652
@Noodler - do you still have these ski's?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsor

Staff online