• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

For Sale New Elan M777 skis (176cm)

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Here's another classic ski that is still well regarded to this day. This is the Elan M777 in 176cm length. Published sidecut of 21.4m (117 - 87 - 107). Asking price is $250 + actual shipping to your destination.

Maybe some of you remember the reviews of this ski originally posted by @dawgcatching (Scott G.). This was one of those skis that really started to provide Elan with increased popularity and exposure. It's a ski with 2 layers of metal, quite stable, a very approachable flex pattern, and handles the entire mountain surprisingly with ease even at its somewhat narrower width. If any of you remember the old EpicSki video from Snowbird ESA in 2006, there was a clip of me skiing about 1.5' of powder on these skis (I had another pair). I also loved these skis in moguls as they weren't too turny and made pounding moguls a lot of fun.

20191020_174901788_iOS.jpg 20191020_174906146_iOS.jpg 20191020_174911870_iOS.jpg 20191020_174924268_iOS.jpg 20191020_174928243_iOS.jpg

Last edited:

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
If I didn't already have a pair........

Fun ski, Easy in any snow.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Superb crudbuster and beefy enough to carve arcs on cord too.

PNWRod

Getting off the lift
Skier
Jeez, how do you still have these with a sticker no less? Good grief. Super easy and great daily driver. I agree Moguls on these are a blast.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Mine must have come from that Vail couple that got busted. They were $125 shipped, also new in plastic. Pretty sure several other forum folks were in on that score. That deal was only for 192cm IIRC though.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This is like that scene from MASH when Hawkeye meets Trapper for the first timetime. Trapper has just come in on a 39 hour journey or whatever. Hawkeye has his still going in the tent. He asks Trapper John if he has any martini olives. Of course he pulls a bottle out of his shapeless army coat.

TS
Noodler

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Jeez, how do you still have these with a sticker no less? Good grief. Super easy and great daily driver. I agree Moguls on these are a blast.

These were a warranty replacement and I just never mounted and skied them. I'm sure that there's someone out there that loved these skis and wouldn't mind getting a new mint set. It's like opening a time capsule. ;)

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Mine must have come from that Vail couple that got busted. They were $125 shipped, also new in plastic. Pretty sure several other forum folks were in on that score. That deal was only for 192cm IIRC though.
Hmm, I got the 192 cm for a steal. Now perhaps I know why. They are 27 m r and 88 mm wide. And also for sale. :rolleyes:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I need to pull mine out of the closet and give them a little love. Haven't had them out since Timberline 5-6 years ago. I actually ran NASTAR on them. Next day with a few inches of fresh or snow guns blasting and these will go for a ride! Also a fun spring slush surfing and slush bumps ski.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
:geek: :geek: :geek:
Gear Swap is a freaky walk down memory lane this week - M777s, check, Heli Golds, check, 888s, check, Vist IIs, yep, skied those, Slaps, yep, S12s, yep, had the older version, VXLs, check, I even have Stockli 3D SLs (courtesy of @Doug Briggs ) on the stairs with a fresh coat of wax.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
What does that make the 1111 aka Quad One?

20180106_193733_Huckleberry Grn~01.jpg

Reactions: Ron
TS
Noodler

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
:geek: :geek: :geek:
Gear Swap is a freaky walk down memory lane this week - M777s, check, Heli Golds, check, 888s, check, Vist IIs, yep, skied those, Slaps, yep, S12s, yep, had the older version, VXLs, check, I even have Stockli 3D SLs (courtesy of @Doug Briggs ) on the stairs with a fresh coat of wax.

I'm just spreading the fun. ;)

My "skiing life" is like a time capsule due to my injury complications that pulled me away from the sport for years. While I was dealing with that my thoughts weren't on skiing... at all. So everything just sat there. So what you see is a bunch of "New Old Stock" gear that wouldn't still be around if it were not for my circumstances.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
So the 777 is the lucky ski, the 888 is the Chinese lucky ski, and the 666 is the Go to Hell ski.

Here's your chance to get an Elan without Amphibio!
What about my m999s? They've been the "never enough snow around here to use" stuck in the back of the closet since 2012 ski.

Sponsor