• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Need help removing grease from snow pants

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just get it over with by purchasing my white/yellow/light colored pants used.

Another method is to buy grey pants. Or something similar. I love my yellow and another yellow and peppermint green bibs and pants but they get dirty so fast and so visibly that I moved to grey bibs-the overall looks is by far not as dashing but the mental torture of wearing dirty stuff is way less.

Even_Stevens

Getting off the lift
Skier
I’m glad I found this because my bibs look like I was crawling through a dirty engine compartment with them on after riding lifts in rain yesterday.

Look at the amount of lubricant being washed off the break over towers. The Ski Diva WD-40 plus dish soap method is effective.

View attachment 223076

So fun fact.

Cleaned chairlift grease off my Helly Hansen Ullr shell last night using the method that worked so well on my bibs.

After washing (and air drying, not tumble dryingn) I have WD-40 blotches on my shell. No idea how this works so well on a set of bibs from one manufacturer (and washes out completely) but left remnants of cleaning products on my shell.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
So fun fact.

Cleaned chairlift grease off my Helly Hansen Ullr shell last night using the method that worked so well on my bibs.

After washing (and air drying, not tumble dryingn) I have WD-40 blotches on my shell. No idea how this works so well on a set of bibs from one manufacturer (and washes out completely) but left remnants of cleaning products on my shell.
Try a round of dish soap (or 409?) post WD40?

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
So fun fact.

Standard laundry grease removers can remove the WD-40 stains (usually), but YMMV depending on the type of material. I have used WD-40 to remove stubborn grease stains and been in the same situation.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Can confirm (both daughters jackets got greased at Stowe the past 2 days)……the following method(s) as previously mentioned above do indeed work:

1. Baby powder…cover/let sit for awhile…use toothbrush to brush on/off.
2. Dawn liquid right onto the stains…and brush in with a bit of cold water….repeat as many times as needed.

All spots are gone….

Told them not to sit in the middle of the chairlift anymore….lol.

Sponsor

Staff online