• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tom Holtmann

TomH
Skier
Last year Mt. Bachelor was included under the MAX Pass. With the shakeup of the nationwide passes does anyone know which pass will include Mt. Bachelor next year (if any)? Thanks

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I was looking at Mt Bachelor site the other day, and there's no mention of any reciprocal benefits to the season pass (as of the other day, at least).

TS
Tom Holtmann

Tom Holtmann

TomH
Skier
Yes that was why I was thinking they may not be involved with one this year.

Itinerant skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
One of the many glaring omissions that caused me to rule out IKON. I've emailed them to see what reciprocity deals they plan for 2018-2019. They would be an awesome fit for the Powder Alliance, but I imagine it's going to just be a couple of "three free" swaps with other POWDR resorts in the west. Will update if I hear back from them.

Itinerant skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Received this:

"Hi Itinerant_skier,

Thanks for writing… and good question.

The vision of the Ikon Pass was to create highly competitive regional clusters, and the resulting season pass product offers phenomenal access to world-class mountains in California, the Rocky Mountain States and the Northeast. Mt. Bachelor’s location outside of those regional clusters doesn’t position us for inclusion in the Ikon Pass at this time. That said, it’s a rapidly changing environment and Alterra Mountain Company, POWDR, and the other affiliate partners in the Ikon Pass will perpetually evaluate new inclusions in future years as the situation evolves.

In the meantime, at Mt. Bachelor, we will focus on improving and localizing the mountain experience and will continue to offer a variety of season pass and specialty ticket options for our guests. We also have the option of forming reciprocal arrangements with other ski areas, both within POWDR and outside of POWDR, where each resort’s pass holders get a limited number of free days. We don’t have anything specific to announce yet about that, and no guarantees, but our goal is to have something arranged in time for our annual season pass sale starting September 1.

Have a great summer!......"

aubergine

Putting on skis
Skier
I'd hoped Mt Bachelor would have been on IKON too and it seems like it would have been a differentiator for folks within 300-400 miles of the area to go with that product.

Nice that they sent you a note.

Their own pass seemed kind of expensive to me, but I guess they don't have any competition.

Stev

Orange Mocha Frappuccino
Skier
I found this on Boreal's Passholder Perks on their Season Pass Page (http://www.rideboreal.com/plan-your-trip/tickets-passes/tickets-passes-boreal/unlimited-pass )

20% OFF LIFT TICKET AT POWDR RESORTS
We encourage you to explore our sister resorts! Receive 20% off the cost of your 1-day lift ticket at Copper Mountain Resort & Eldora in Colorado, Killington Mountain Resort and Pico Mountain in Vermont, Mt. Bachelor Resort in Oregon, Gorgoza in Utah and Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard Resort in Nevada.

This isn't anywhere near as good as the free days they offered during the 2014/2015 season or the Max Pass which I had during the 2016/2017 season.

There were other resorts that IKON omitted that likely disappointed some people.
Here is a list:
Alyeska, AK
Boreal, CA
Crystal, WA
Cypress, BC
Lee Canyon, NV
Snoqualmie, WA
Brighton, UT
Solitude, UT
Boyne Highlands, MI
Boyne Mountain, MI
Buck Hill, MN
Granite Peak, WI
Lutsen, MN
Belleayre, NY
Gore, NY
Mountain Creek, NJ
Pico, VT
Wachusett, MA
Windham, NY
Whiteface, NY
Mt. High, CA

Only one of the above resorts, Mt. High, CA, is affiliated with Powder Alliance, the rest seem to be on their own.

The Mountain Collective resorts IKON omitted were enough for me to renew my Mountain Collective rather than pay more for either flavor of IKON.
Here is a list:
Snowbasin, UT
Sun Valley, ID
Taos, NM
Valle Nevado, Chile
Chamonix, France
Remarkables, NZ
Coronet Peak, NZ
Thredbo, AU
Niseko, Japan

marjoram_sage

newly addicted to skiing
Skier
Received this:

"Hi Itinerant_skier,

Thanks for writing… and good question.

The vision of the Ikon Pass was to create highly competitive regional clusters, and the resulting season pass product offers phenomenal access to world-class mountains in California, the Rocky Mountain States and the Northeast. Mt. Bachelor’s location outside of those regional clusters doesn’t position us for inclusion in the Ikon Pass at this time. That said, it’s a rapidly changing environment and Alterra Mountain Company, POWDR, and the other affiliate partners in the Ikon Pass will perpetually evaluate new inclusions in future years as the situation evolves.

In the meantime, at Mt. Bachelor, we will focus on improving and localizing the mountain experience and will continue to offer a variety of season pass and specialty ticket options for our guests. We also have the option of forming reciprocal arrangements with other ski areas, both within POWDR and outside of POWDR, where each resort’s pass holders get a limited number of free days. We don’t have anything specific to announce yet about that, and no guarantees, but our goal is to have something arranged in time for our annual season pass sale starting September 1.

Have a great summer!......"

It's really interesting that Mt. Bachelor was so forthcoming why they might not be on Ikon. I'd love to visit Mt. Bachelor to experience the low crowds with tons of high speed lifts. I have a friend who lives in Bend.

bushpilot

Up Booting
Skier
Bachelor is amazing. I’m in southern Oregon and frequently make the 3 hour drive to ski there. No lines, wide open trails and mostly high speed lifts all make it a great place and a great asset to the ikon pass.

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
Powdr seems to be undecided about what to do about the Epic/Ikon juggernaut. Their two Colorado areas (Copper and Eldora) are full Ikon areas, Killington/Pico is limited (7 or 5 days depending on pass) and Mt. Bachelor is not a participant. And the option to get a 20% discount at another Powdr resort is a joke. As a Killington season pass holder, I can do better at Copper by just buying online in advance like anyone else.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
I wish they would be on Ikon. It would have worked well for me as I have had 8 days at Bachelor and 6 at Steamboat this year.

Sponsor

Staff online