• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mountain Biking 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That needs clarification for the uninitiated. Does that mean you only had any assist 30% of the time?
The 70% was Eco mode, which is the lightest, the Blue is Tour, the next step, Purple is E-MTB, almost an "auto" assist. The grey is off, pwoer on but no assit. Red, which she didn't use is Turbo. Turbo is really unecessary it trail riding unless you need to climb a wall. You might use it on the road, if you have to get a boost of power and easily maintain the 25 KPH to get somewhere fast.

IMG_2177.png
IMG_2178.png

This is my ride today. I rode from my house to a new mountain bike park. Since the park was down hill most of the way, I just pedaled the bike w/o power (gray). At the park, i was in Eco mode, lowerst setting. The way home, which was up hill, I was in Tour (blue) and E-MTB (purple).

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That needs clarification for the uninitiated. Does that mean you only had any assist 30% of the time?
There are basically 4 modes, and then off mode.
The lowest level of assist is ECO, then there is Tour, eMTB and Turbo.
The amount of information you can get on the bike computer is insane.
The only thing I'm having a hard time with is getting it to sync with my fitness watch.

Last edited:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Rain, rain, rain here today. Puts tomorrow and maybe even Thursday off the table.

I wonder how low the pressure in my road bike tires has gone, since the mtb riding has been so good for several weeks now?! :geek:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
He's alive to post about it, but it looksl ike you'll be dead soon because he's killing you... :ogbiggrin:

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
and....?!?!? The suspense is killing me... :ogbiggrin:

No pictures, but Strava proves it really happened. Got to show him my new trail that I put a LOT of time into last year. I also figured out why my Sunday ride was so hard. Rear shock was stuck down (and still is).

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I went riding today after work with my regular riding friend, as it was a "recovery" ride for me after doing a 5 stage road race over the weekend, he brought his 8 month old Jack Russel Terrier in a vain attempt to run some energy out of her. These sets of trails are a lot of up and a lot of down with tons of roots to navigate.. 6 miles and 900ft of climbing and that dog was still wired. There was way too many mosquitoes and I forgot to apply bug spray, so I only took a couple of pictures while getting eaten alive.
20200609_194450.jpg

20200609_185105.jpg

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
That elevation map - that's pretty much how it feels, isn't it?

yep. Switchback after switchback after switchback.

I should have used a taller gear, but my legs said no, just spin we don’t want to push. The internal leg vs lung conundrum.

This was this mornings ride..

C585DA25-9E09-493C-95A4-23BBCCEAADDD.jpeg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Riding in Colorado in June.

IMG_20200610_170908830_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200610_172914158_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200610_172926686_HDR.jpg

It had been a blowy day yesterday.

IMG_20200610_182606917.jpg

IMG_20200610_184308528.jpg

Red Pig is a brand spankley new trail. Flowy and narrow. Today it was super tacky.

It was probably a good thing I pulled over to video K just before the turn above. I am usually looking at the next traverse when I approach so I don't blast into an uphill rider. I probably would have seen the tree, but would I have seen it in time.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Short solo ride with Powder today, he's hard to get to sit still for a picture.. so eating grass while I try to take a bike pic will have to do. He's still my trail dog in training and we haven't tried to ride with others yet as he loves to grab trees and try to run next to you with them.
20200610_185628.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online