• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If you didn’t look at the link above, Go back up and hit it! Some of the best bike pics ever. Really

I love kingdom trails. Who doesn't?

Ron, now that you're moving to the Boat, I despair of us ever riding together. Always figured someday you'd show up to ride Maine or Vermont. (Mainers and Vermonters don't mention that other crass wedge state in between.)

Around here we're still hanging on by a thread with the Tuesday Night Ride. Way too dark and cold for outside pics at this point. But here is one from last night as we filtered into the bar afterward. Representing always! Plug the Pug, eh @Philpug ?

FullSizeRender-04.jpeg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I just stumbled on a print magazine (seemingly Canadian) called Mountain Bike for Her.

Decided to subscribe for a year - to support the effort and of course out of interest.

I realized, flipping through Powder Magazine, that for years I've looked at the photo credits with the sole purpose of determining if the skier is male or female. It's rare for the person to be female - it never happened 20 years ago - but anyway, I guess that's what I look for.

http://mtb4her.com/

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just stumbled on a print magazine (seemingly Canadian) called Mountain Bike for Her.

Decided to subscribe for a year - to support the effort and of course out of interest.

I realized, flipping through Powder Magazine, that for years I've looked at the photo credits with the sole purpose of determining if the skier is male or female. It's rare for the person to be female - it never happened 20 years ago - but anyway, I guess that's what I look for.

http://mtb4her.com/

Well, anything that features Tracy Mosely on the banner article can't be all bad!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Well, anything that features Tracy Mosely on the banner article can't be all bad!

My thoughts, exactly!

I met her at a clinic. She helped me set up my handlebars properly for my hands.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ As some of you know, Trek provides me with modest support in pursuit of my silly endurance racing addiction, since I usually have good success in the "Old Guy" category of 50 and 100 mile mtb races (the rest of the guys my age figured out how crazy this sport is).

So -- in my own mind at least -- I have three of the fastest, coolest women on the planet as team mates: Tracy Mosely, Rachel Atherton and Emily Batty.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Yay! I rode my bike!

"Father forgive me, for I have sinned. It's been 22 days since my last bike ride."

I haven't done any cardio since my last ride, so that was a little rough. The first part was also very muddy. I'm not sure I should have been riding. I sort of excused myself because there were so many other riders out there anyway ... my presence wasn't going to make or break things. I'm sure that's flawed logic right there.

Anyway, it was muddy from the base of the Antelope trailhead to the big intersection. From there, the dirt was perfect - tacky and grippy. I rode up to the loop and found out it was closed. Probably just as well - I'd forgotten the time change when planning my ride.

Downhill was super fun! The tacky part for sure, but I didn't even lose traction in the mud except once or twice. On the upper parts, the stuff I remembered as intimidating wasn't, and I could tell I was pulling up the rear tire more on the mini jumps. I think my lifting routine - currently deadlifts, shoulders, and abs - helped with, well, everything - but especially balance.

I also encountered a small group of deer - one with a big rack, one with a tiny rack, and a few does. They seemed to be wandering back and forth near the trail, and in fact I had to wait for one to clear the way when I headed back down.

Colorado views don't suck!
20171111_144619.jpg

Deer! Good pictures eluded me, of course.
20171111_152657.jpg
20171111_152659.jpg

My muddy bike with my new car, now with freshly muddy interior! (I have a hitch rack, but it seemed unnecessary .. until I realized how much dirt I'd be "tracking" into the interior. The rubber mats are one thing, but of course I left dirt streaks on the sides etc.
20171111_160111.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
And I'm hoping not to sell it *just* yet.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't like riding when it's chilly. My knees hurt. It feels like I can't get my muscles warmed up. I wear knee warmers (just bought some new Bontrager ones), I wear tights, but my legs just do NOT like it.
Maybe I need to lower my expectations? :huh:
I think today will be the last day of local riding anyway. First big winter storm of the season arrives tomorrow. :daffy:
Those of you who ride in the cold, what are some tips and tricks? Particularly to keep the arthritic knees from stiffening up, and to keep the muscles warm?

Sponsor

Staff online