• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

A-A-Ron

Booting up
Skier
Skiing, there absolutely is a difference. It felt like the Gripwalk ski had an extra degree of base bevel. Very noticeable first thing in the morning on hard snow, in the afternoon (it was 50 degrees today) there was no discernible difference between the two. View attachment 42957

While skiing in the warm weather, does this mean you preferred one over the other? Or just that they felt different, but no performance advantage with one over the other, in your opinion? Please elaborate a bit when you got a moment. Thanks

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I put the other DIN sole on. I will probably never use the Gripwalk soles again (until I get tech bindings, but that's another story). The Gripwalk soles weren't better on the soft snow, it's just that you could no longer detect the handicap they give you.

WRT to tech bindings, the DIN heels don't have slots to let the pins through, so the way I figure it, I could probably run DIN toes and Gripwalk heels, then I'd have tech compatibility and a solid connection between the toes and the binding's AFD. Probably the best of both worlds.

A-A-Ron

Booting up
Skier
While skiing in the warm weather, does this mean you preferred one over the other? Or just that they felt different, but no performance advantage with one over the other, in your opinion? Please elaborate a bit when you got a moment. Thanks

Epic- Oops, I meant to say: while skiing on hard snow (not "while skiing in the warm weather"). Regardless, you essentially answered my question. Disappointing that the GripWalk's didn't perform as well on hard snow.

Sponsor

Staff online