• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
MARKER INKS NEW LICENSE FOR GRIPWALK WITH ATOMIC AUSTRIA GMBH AND SALOMON SAS AND GROUPE ROSSIGNOL AS NEW GRIPWALK PARTNERS

The GripWalk family welcomes these new members. The addition of Atomic and Salomon, as well as Rossignol, Lange and Look will further strengthen the leading market position of the unprecedented walkability system from Marker.

Taken together with the existing pool of GripWalk partners -- K2, Tecnica, Nordica, Fischer, Head, Blizzard, Tyolia, Marker, Dalbello and Völkl -- these additions raise GripWalk to a prominent position in just its third year on the market.

THE BENEFITS OF GRIPWALK

GripWalk is a sole/binding system developed by Marker to make walking in ski boots significantly more comfortable, while also reducing the chances of slipping. Yet the GripWalk system also guarantees outstanding on-snow performance.

The GripWalk sole features a rockered profile that supports the natural rolling motion of the foot. Composed from a special rubber mix and a clever ribbed profile, boots with the technology effectively reduce slipping on any surface, from wet tiles in ski lodges to icy parking lots.

GripWalk-labeled ski bindings are designed with perfectly fitting contact points, ensuring optimal power transfer to the ski and precise, reliable release when needed. All GripWalk ski bindings correspond to ISO 9462 (the Alpine norm) and its safety standards.

GripWalk soles can easily be mounted onto GripWalk-compatible ski boots. All that’s needed is a screwdriver and five minutes. Boots with the GripWalk option can be also retrofitted at any time.

For more details on the GripWalk system and the system partners, please visit grip-walk.com

gif

gif

gif
gif
gif

gif

jpeg

gif
gif
gif

gif

About Marker

For more than six decades Marker has been synonymous with innovation and safety in skiing. Hannes Marker presented the world’s first safety release binding back in 1952. In the 1970s his M series with automatic heel release, revolutionized the bindings market. With the launch of the Duke in 2007 and the continued development of the Royal Family, Marker has set new standards in the Freeride and Freestyle segments. Being able to work closely together with some of the world’s biggest and well-renowned ski companies allows Marker to not only develop their own top level binding components, but to also design factory systems that are perfectly matched to the individual skis. Since the launch of Protective Snow Equipment in 12/13 season, the company located in Penzberg, Germany, is also introducing innovations in the sector of helmets, goggles and body protectors.

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So, VHS has beaten Beta already?
I am just glad they raised the white flag quickly and didn't drag it out...This will be best for the consumer. I am liking the benefits. I will be working on The New Sole of Skiing Pt. 3 for next season.

I think this is everyone now.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Not that it impacts me right now but for future boots I may get this is good news. I wonder who is going to come up with DVD then Blueray?

John O

Getting off the lift
Skier
Yeah, I'm very glad this didn't drag out longer.

Although now I'm not sure if I want to mount up the new-in-box pair of STH2 13 WTR's that I have in my closet or not. Doesn't matter for my current boots of course but just thinking ahead.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yeah, I'm very glad this didn't drag out longer.

Although now I'm not sure if I want to mount up the new-in-box pair of STH2 13 WTR's that I have in my closet or not. Doesn't matter for my current boots of course but just thinking ahead.
Live for the day ;) You have the bindings, they are good bindings.

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
There is a question. Can WTR bindings work with Grip Walk soles?

It's not an issue for now, but my next soles on my Lange Free Tour (or equivalent) will clearly be Grip Walk so just wondering how much back compatibility there is

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Instructions on modifying the boots to add this product seem quite simple.. what needs to be altered on existing bindings to use them with the modified boot soles??

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Depends. If this doesn't answer it for you, let me know exactly which binding you are referring to...
full

Last edited by a moderator:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

It's not an issue for now, but my next soles on my Lange Free Tour (or equivalent) will clearly be Grip Walk so just wondering how much back compatibility there is

I bet we'll get an AFD fix for 16/17 Look WTR models.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Instructions on modifying the boots to add this product seem quite simple.. what needs to be altered on existing bindings to use them with the modified boot soles??
Most Gripwalk compatable bindings need no adjustment. IMHO one of the deciding factors in going with GripWalk over WTR which needed a height adjustment.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Has Look started making a Gripwalk AFD for the P18/P15? I know last season there were WTR versions.
Not yet. I will ask if there is one on the way...They will need one for all the Pivot 15's they are going to sell when they reintroduce it....maybe at the same time??? #bringbackthe15

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
FTR, I’m loving my GripWalk’s & feel that this is a huge step up for the consumer!

Props to all for a quick shakeout.

Certainly the lack of uniformity killed Tele & almost did in AT.

I’m going on record in this important thread w/ my next big prediction/ direction for boots/clamps- ppl will soon realize that unless you’re in spandex rando racer gear....... a GripWalk boot with a modern tour mode will do on piste civilian touring just fine.

#JustAddSkins + GripWalk

:duck: