• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada Mammoth Mountain Lodge Renovations and more

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The above discussion made me curious about the ride times of the older lifts. I found this article which might be of interest.

It also has some great photos of each lift.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This was pulled from the Unofficial Guide as it's own healthy discussion.
Here

TS
I

In2h2o

Out on the slopes
Skier
FWIW while your waiting for opening day, if you haven't been to the mountain in the past two months you will notice a lot of work going on in the village next to the Westin. The Limelight hotel broke ground (clear cutting and bulldozing) for what will be a rather large complex. https://www.townofmammothlakes.ca.gov/1095/Limelight-Hotel-Development-Project. The town has great website for all projects, the bar on the left also shows a few other hotel projects in the works including a new Marriott.

Check out the plans for the hotel in the 4/22 revision https://www.townofmammothlakes.ca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/12109/Attachment-B---Project-Plans I will predict some level of "difficulty" for those trying to get into the hotel entrance coming down from Lake Mary unless they are heating the street .... and not enough snow storage for the complex. And I'm sure a lot of pissed off Westin owners who will now be 60 feet away from another building and have lost their view.

So does Mammoth really have the guest base for a Limelight? Will this really become a 'destination' resort since if you have to fly in to Bishop and are limited at Mammoth airport? BTW still have to walk down stairs to get to the "village gondola." Other than staying open late in spring, if you had all that money would you really bother skiing Sierra Cement?

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online