• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ross Biff

The older I get, the faster I was....
Skier
I've also skied in nylons with new boots and have suggested it to customers in the past which partially reduces the " these boots are too small!" impression that can happen with a good close boot fit. It doesn't hurt that they don't cost more than a few bucks at your local supermarket. I also love the cross section cut away image of the shell but find myself wondering about the consistent repeatability of the process. I'm sure Lange worked this through during R and D but I wonder if occasionally there is a pair of GREAT boots and another meh pair somewhere in the process.

Steven Nisenson

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I was wondering what walk friendly soles those were that you used and where I would be able to pick up a set?
Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts on these boots you have gone to great lengths lol. Hope you had a Merry Christmas!!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was wondering what walk friendly soles those were that you used and where I would be able to pick up a set?
Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts on these boots you have gone to great lengths lol. Hope you had a Merry Christmas!!
These are soles from Nordica/Tecnica, can be ordered directly from them but will need professional installation in tha the lugs will have to be routed to get back to DIN specifications. This is a two step process in that the lugs will ahve to be routed with a Nor/Tec sole then have the Gripwalk soles installed. expect to pay $100-150 for the whole process but IMHO it is worth it. If youa re going to use gripwalk soles..make sure you bindings are Gripwalk compatible.

Sponsor

Staff online