• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
full

Flex: 110
Width: 97mm
Size: 23.5
BSL: 276

Lange's Dual Core technology utilizes a new power injection process allowing two high-grade plastics (PE and PU) to be injected at the exact same time. This process targets different durometers (a measurement of hardness) of plastic into key areas of the boot.

full

Initial impression:
The fit is super snug in the heel pocket and forefoot, yet deceptively roomy over the instep and in the toe box. I was surprised that I could actually buckle over the instep.

The boot comes with the Dual 3D Sport Liner, which is thermo-formable with different densities of foam placed strategically for an ideal fit over the shin, ankle, instep, and toe box. I'm fairly picky about boot liners, and I'm really liking the snug comfort of this liner.

full

Boot setup:
I deal with a leg-length discrepancy, so I really wanted to find a balance that boots without a solid lug can't offer. Everyone likes walk-friendly soles, which is something you tend to give up in a performance boot such as this. But we have the solution: we lowered the boot for my long leg 2 mm, raised the boot for my short leg 4 mm, and installed walk-friendly soles.

full

full

Because I inherited my mother's bunion, a bunion punch was in order for my right boot. This punch is particularly interesting because the question has come up among bootfitters: how does a punch hold up with the new Dual Core injection technology? This one is holding quite well so far.

full

Look for more information as I ski this boot throughout the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
One of the claimed benefits of Dual Core is significantly easier entry and exit than prior versions and performance boots in general. What do you think?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
One of the claimed benefits of Dual Core is significantly easier entry and exit than prior versions and performance boots in general. What do you think?
Its been a few years since I've been in a performance boot at this level, but I am finding it fairly easy to get out at the end of the day, keeping in mind that we haven't had ultra cold days this season.
I will definitely report back as we ski in colder temperatures.

We often boot up in the parking log so I'm sure I'll have case studies on this
booting up at the car.jpeg

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There are a few things that stand out with this boot beside the Dual Core and that is in the fit area. The interior design (plug) of the boot is much more anatomically designed than the previous generation of the RS/RX shell, there is specific indentions for the ankle bones, the toe box is also shaped better than the outgoing model. In the last generation of this boot the liner was the weak link and it was not uncommon for skiers who skied a significant amount of days to upgrade the liner, IMHO that will happen much more infrequently with this completely new design.

Because of Tricia's leg length discrepancy, we went with the solid lugged RS verses the RX, this gave us the opportunity to do the work on both boots as compared to adding the 6mm to just one which stressed the limits of the RX toe per talking to Cantology who makes the shims. I will add that the upright stance of the Lange is working very well for Tricia, she looks very relaxed in the boot and skeletally stacked.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Does this mean the current RS110 SC is a wee different than the first generation, I have been wearing a few years now? As a small guy at 5'6" 137#, it has easily been the best boot for me ever and note I've worn a few Langes and other brands in the past. I want a tight glove like fit with buckles cranked up so my little foot stays put under forces, with no sloshing about. Note install my 3 decades plus old original custom nylon impregnated cork insoles in boots. Those lower buckles glow haha.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Does this mean the current RS110 SC is a wee different than the first generation, I have been wearing a few years now? As a small guy at 5'6" 137#, it has easily been the best boot for me ever and note I've worn a few Langes and other brands in the past. I want a tight glove like fit with buckles cranked up so my little foot stays put under forces, with no sloshing about. Note install my 3 decades plus old original custom nylon impregnated cork insoles in boots.
I have the two buckles over my instep buckled really loose, with my shin buckles snug. My foot isn't moving around at all. My ankle is LOCKED!
I have not owned a Lange boot in nearly 15 years, but I try boots on from all brands every year.
What I feel in this boot is that its shaped more like a foot, with anatomical correctness where a foot has features.

My first day in this boot was November 20th.
As of today I have 10 days in them and am not feeling any movement.
*I wear a knee high nylon while breaking in new boots and I have not switched to my thin ski sock yet.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Does this mean the current RS110 SC is a wee different than the first generation, I have been wearing a few years now?
Yeah, more than a wee different.

Burton

Getting on the lift
Skier
I spent three days in the new RS 130, coming from the RS 140. This is far from scientific, but I feel comfortable saying the flex felt a bit more dynamic and springy in the new boot compared to the 140. Less of an on/off feeling and more like pushing into a spring, but still pretty stiff. And the heal cup is ridiculous--absolutely clamps onto the foot, though I did get a bit of tenderness in a few spots below the ankle after three days. As to getting them on and off, I'd say they are very easy. Only modifications I made were to add footbeds, get punches in each boot to add 2-3mm of width at the sixth toe, and to replace the straps with ones that work.

edit: I'd also add that despite the boots being really snug, I could wiggle my toes, which is kind of a new deal for me.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Quick question. If you had a good aftermarket liner {in this case a BD foam} fitted into the former RS130, should if fit in the newer boot? Or, is it an "it depends.....?"

Our daughter has been VERY happy leaving her ZB/ZA Lange plugs behind after her race days, and has loved the RS & BD setup, but the boots {shells} are pretty beat. The liners have held up ridiculously well, with 300+ days on them.

One of her options is buying a NOS RS130 {or 140}. But it sounds like the new boot is just "better."

Thanks!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Quick question. If you had a good aftermarket liner {in this case a BD foam} fitted into the former RS130, should if fit in the newer boot? Or, is it an "it depends.....?"

Our daughter has been VERY happy leaving her ZB/ZA Lange plugs behind after her race days, and has loved the RS & BD setup, but the boots {shells} are pretty beat. The liners have held up ridiculously well, with 300+ days on them.

One of her options is buying a NOS RS130 {or 140}. But it sounds like the new boot is just "better."

Thanks!
Sorry I missed this.
I will say, it depends.
I know Phil uses his BD liner in a couple different boots, but there are boots that it aren't ideal for him.
@Philpug

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Reporting back after 16 days in this boot.
When I break new boots in, I tend to wear a knee high nylon for the first 5-10 days until the liner packs out enough to wear a super thin ski sock.
This boot has such a snug heel fit that I am still wearing a nylon and only yesterday though it may be time to graduate to my thin ski sock.
For a very low volume foot, skinny ankle and heel, this boot is locked!

LuliTheYounger

I'm just here to bother my mom
Skier
@Tricia - thanks for the link to this thread! That cutaway shot is super cool. Is that the PE in white & the PU in blue?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just thought I'd do a little follow up on this boot.
I currently have 69 days in the RS 110 SC Dual Core with the new improved liner.
On day 68 I finally switched from knee high nylons to a super thin ski sock.
That is a testament to this new liner. Not only did it not break down, its held up really really well.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just thought I'd do a little follow up on this boot.
I currently have 69 days in the RS 110 SC Dual Core with the new improved liner.
On day 68 I finally switched from knee high nylons to a super thin ski sock.
That is a testament to this new liner. Not only did it not break down, its held up really really well.
After a few days in a super thin sock, I put my boots away for the summer and had to go back to skiing in a nylon again.
Today was day 77 in this boot and I'm still loving this liner.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
After a few days in a super thin sock, I put my boots away for the summer and had to go back to skiing in a nylon again.
Today was day 77 in this boot and I'm still loving this liner.
@Noodler
I have 80 days in this boot, and I can say that Lange has improved their liner so much that I don't have any breakdown in 90 days. I'm skiing in a knee high nylon which is usually a ski sock after 10 days in every other boot that I've ever skied in.

For a reference, I measure 24.5 and ski in 23.5.
018325E6-A282-436C-82EF-B2535BA03A40.jpeg

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
My son races in these boots and absolutely loves them. We got them last March and the improvement in his skiing was immediate. They are NOT warm boots though as most would guess.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
@Noodler
I have 80 days in this boot, and I can say that Lange has improved their liner so much that I don't have any breakdown in 90 days. I'm skiing in a knee high nylon which is usually a ski sock after 10 days in every other boot that I've ever skied in.

For a reference, I measure 24.5 and ski in 23.5.
View attachment 60623

Interesting. Are there any other benefits in using nylons other than the reduced "volume" in your boot. I'm surprised that a really super thin ski sock isn't what you gravitated to. Why the nylons?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Interesting. Are there any other benefits in using nylons other than the reduced "volume" in your boot. I'm surprised that a really super thin ski sock isn't what you gravitated to. Why the nylons?
Because I like them ;)

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
For me, it’s volume alone. I tried the thinnest ski sock available but it’s a tad too tight

Sponsor

Staff online