• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

charlier

Fresh Tracks
Skier
So, your saying the Atomic Hawk Ultra's fit better for your feet than the Lange RX 130's?? Aren't the Hawk Ultra's "low volume" compared to the medium volume Hawk Prime and Lange RX? What is your general foot size and boot size??
I transitioned from Lange RX 130LV 26.5 to an Atomic Hawx Ultra 130. I have a narrow foot and heel (92 mm and 95 mm). I found that the Atomic fit my narrow foot better, with good heel retention compared to the Lange. FYI, I add stick-on foam pads to the liners that further secure my ankle. The new Atomic boots and mimic liners are a welcome improvement. FYI, the Atomic Redster boot and professional mimic liner fit is even better across my forefoot and heel. For my personal skiing style, the Atomic recreational boot works well enough for me.

Last edited:

abdul

Putting on skis
Skier
The S/Max 130 Carbon Race is a retail lasted boot with a plug liner. This allows you to drop down a size with fairly little drama. This actually works with a lot of boots. Take the retail model of a boot, downsize and use the liner from a plug boot.
I skied in the Salomon version for a day and it was surprising how easily a size 12 foot could fit into a 26MP boot.
The primary benefit of doing this is a shorter sole length.
The boot was not brought into the North American market although you could make your own.

pliny the elder
Hi Pliny - i'm trying to replace my X/Max Race 130s (size 27) which has about 1 finger/10mm shell fit. Does this mean i get the same fit by going into a 26 mondo S/Max (non-race)? I understand the last width will drop with the smaller size, but i assume the last length would also drop ~1cm which would mean its too short. Thanks!

onenerdykid

Product Manager, Atomic Ski Boots
Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
Hi Pliny - i'm trying to replace my X/Max Race 130s (size 27) which has about 1 finger/10mm shell fit. Does this mean i get the same fit by going into a 26 mondo S/Max (non-race)? I understand the last width will drop with the smaller size, but i assume the last length would also drop ~1cm which would mean its too short. Thanks!
A smaller mondopoint will be a smaller/shorter fit. 27mp = 27cm, 26mp = 26cm

Sponsor

Staff online