• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
  • Who is it for? Chicken legs, you found your boot.
  • Who is it not for? Athletic-calf guy. Yes, boots can be modified on the cuff, but there are probably better options.

Is there a light-weight boot for “athletic calf guy”?...that’s me :). 285mm with a 100mm last?
SALOMON S/PRO. K2 RECON 100

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
I have about 80 days or so in these boots this season and the liner is holding up great, much better than some other liners I ahve had in this class. I actually find getting out of the boot is very easy, again compared to other boots I have had in the past. Getting is is very easy coming from my heated @KULKEA Thermal Trekker ;) . There IS a cuff alignment, it is behind the cosmetic oversized rivet, remove that and the cuff alignment is behind that.

I agree once the boot has been cooked. I have an extremely stable high and high arch foot and without cooking it wasn't going in :).

Are you sure about the cuff alignment. I know there is a sort of under the counter alignment kit that can be retro fitted but at least on this side of the atlantic they are not shipped with it. If you remove the cap there is simply a threaded post with a collar, but there's no way that can be used to shift the cuff.

Do you have a pic as I'll flag with Salomon here,

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
9A552264-A355-4E8F-852E-0694E2427C46.jpeg
I agree once the boot has been cooked. I have an extremely stable high and high arch foot and without cooking it wasn't going in :).

Are you sure about the cuff alignment. I know there is a sort of under the counter alignment kit that can be retro fitted but at least on this side of the atlantic they are not shipped with it. If you remove the cap there is simply a threaded post with a collar, but there's no way that can be used to shift the cuff.

Do you have a pic as I'll flag with Salomon here,

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I know it’s in a different boot “category”..any thoughts/opinion on the Nordica Strider 130? Seems to come in around 1,800g/boot
Nice boot...if it fits you. It is a higher volume than the boots discusses here.

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
This is an industry wide issue.
Tell me about it.

It's almost excuseable at a retail level where you sometimes have to relate to people who are not that knowledgeable and 'shorthand' is easier than a 20 minute explanation [with pictures :)], but that's an extract from a Salomon tech manual. It simultaneously reinforces the error and undermines the value in what they say.

It's like sitting in a lecture only to hear the lecturer make a fundamental error in their own field. You pause and think well if he believes that I'm at best going to be pretty skeptical about everything he says..

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This is an industry wide issue.
It's in the Head Raptor manual too. It's like they have given up. Right up there with using DIN for retention settings.

Last edited:

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
It's in the Head Raptor manual too. It's like they have given up. Right up there with using DIN for retention settings.

Head in hands....

Last edited by a moderator:

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
Got my my s-max 130s on the snow yesterday. The fit from the first mold was just about perfect. Driving Monster 98’s in half to a foot of really nice snow over a firmer base at Abasin. I got lots of feedback, I could feel the the difference between the ski edges slicing or shredding the snow. These are possibly the first pair of boots that I have had the length AND the volume right on Last boot was Salomon XPro 120. Spent six hours in them and they felt like old friends.

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
Oh, I will raise you one...

View attachment 72667

Got to be a DalBello DS...

They might as well label it as banana, cheeseburger and candelabra. I was about to ask 'is that an early sample model' but just checked and they're all like that.

Sigh.....

oldfashoned

Out on the slopes
Skier
Phil, the GripWalk you swapped in, was it a straight swap in or is modifications needed?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil, the GripWalk you swapped in, was it a straight swap in or is modifications needed?
Straight forward, just make sure that the binding is GW compatible.

Sponsor

Staff online