• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lets talk about bourbon, scotch and whiskey

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My grandfather was my hero not just because he was my grandfather but he was truly a hero. He came up during the Depression when the good stuff was Canadian Rye because you wouldn't literally die from it which wasn't the case with bathtub stuff. He started plying me with it when I was single digits. Nothing seemed to put a smile on his face more than getting me drunk which would piss of my parents (bonus).

So I frequently raise a toast to this great man with Crown Royal - his favorite. But then I'll move on to something I like.

Last edited:

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyway ... my understanding has always been that US and Irish brands have the "e" and the rest don't. But it of course isn't quite that simple, either.

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Happy to supply any pugs wanting their own bottle of Thirteenth Colony. The rye is, in my opinion, their best offering. Company is based in Americus, GA and distribution is fairly limited.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
In my abbreviated skiing at Aspen, I was able to ascertain that the Highlands Alehouse also has a stellar selection of other brown liquid. Yes, that's three bottles of Van Winkle front and center. IMG_9101.jpg

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
In my abbreviated skiing at Aspen, I was able to ascertain that the Highlands Alehouse also has a stellar selection of other brown liquid. Yes, that's three bottles of Van Winkle front and center. View attachment 3946

I remember spending happy hour there with you and Ski Nurse, nice afternoon sitting between 2 hot skiers!

You drink alone?

And, when I do, I like to be all by myself!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm in a very, very slow acquiring a taste phase of whisk(e)y drinking.
I am starting to like you more and more and would be willing to help you speed up that process.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
In my abbreviated skiing at Aspen, I was able to ascertain that the Highlands Alehouse also has a stellar selection of other brown liquid. Yes, that's three bottles of Van Winkle front and center. View attachment 3946

And my favorite blantons too!

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
....and pappy can keep on running at that price.
Well Pappy is the best I've ever put in my mouth but I wasn't paying so there's that. There is no drink worth 65 much less more.

Sponsor