• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Kids: from Straight to Turning

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Don't tell him to follow you. Tell him to follow the tracks your skis make. Following you will be straighter down the hill than following your skis' tracks.

Try to discourage him from making power wedges straight down the hill. Encourage him to follow your skis tracks as you curve across the hill.

Find something each of you can hold between your ankles to learn to keep your feet together. A bone-shaped car wash sponge is one possibility.

3 things for kids...safety, fun, skills. Safety is always #1. And, if they don't have fun they won't learn skis.

Dolomitiskier

Putting on skis
Skier
We used Chocolate…I’m not above bribery. Over x turns gets a piece. Contests to see who can make the most turns. That’s what we did when my kids were small and my youngest one wanted to bomb down every slope.

Evan's Dad

Evan's Dad :)
Skier
Don't tell him to follow you. Tell him to follow the tracks your skis make. Following you will be straighter down the hill than following your skis' tracks.

Try to discourage him from making power wedges straight down the hill. Encourage him to follow your skis tracks as you curve across the hill.
This, but what I have found works even better with my 4yo is to bribe him with his favorite treat, ice cream! I don't even have to remind him to turn anymore. He even makes sure that I notice his turns so he can be guaranteed I will make good on said bribe.

Sponsor

Staff online